Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an HKS SS BOV installed in the stock location. I am considering re-routing the BOV back to the intake, but before I do I wanted to see if anyone has figured out how to make the HKS AFR prevent the stalling when the BOV is vented to atmosphere while still on the stock MAF.

Also, does anyone have a picture of their HKS SS BOV vented back to the intake so I can see what it looks like? Very interested in this. TIA

B

·
0 Posts
HKS AFR has EIDS function to prevent stalling with BOV that's venting to the atmosphere. Look in the back, it should be dipswitch #3(?). That should be in the down position.

Hope this helps.

S

·
0 Posts
i was using a apexi supra afc before i got my vpc. It would work but it would never run right and sometimes it would stall. I ditches it and went with the vpc and gcc and all my problems went away.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Yes it does cure the stall with an atmosperically vented BOV, but if you're auto it sucks when you decelerate because instead of just slowing down at ~1500 rpm and having the tranny brake the engine the S-AFR will kick the rpms up to over 2k because it thinks it's going to stall. Very annoying.

·
Registered
408 Posts
My SAFR works fine with my HKS SSBOV vented to atmosphere. The only complaint is that coming off about half throttle to a position almost closed, the car runs kinda funny and the EIDS light comes on and stays on. I was thinking it was a bad spot in the potentiometer for throttle position, but I checked the pot and it had good feedback through the whole range. I think it is just something you have to learn to deal with, or either recirc the BOV or get a better fuel management setup. Without EIDS enabled, the car never really stalled, but definately ran rich for a short time after closing the throttle. It does work, but it is not perfect.

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
97twinturbo said:
My SAFR works fine with my HKS SSBOV vented to atmosphere. The only complaint is that coming off about half throttle to a position almost closed, the car runs kinda funny and the EIDS light comes on and stays on. I was thinking it was a bad spot in the potentiometer for throttle position, but I checked the pot and it had good feedback through the whole range. I think it is just something you have to learn to deal with, or either recirc the BOV or get a better fuel management setup. Without EIDS enabled, the car never really stalled, but definately ran rich for a short time after closing the throttle. It does work, but it is not perfect.

or you can try running your hks SSQ blow off valve in parallel with
the stock bov. That has been known to cure the stalling problem.

-Phu

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. I had the HKS AFR on my automatic Supra with the same BOV vented to atmosphere. I don't really know if the EIDS was working or not. I will install it on my 6-speed and see if it helps any.

BTW - I only get stalling if I throw it into neutral after being under full boost. I only do this when under race conditions though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts