Supra Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just joined the forums and am looking into getting a Supra. I currently have a 00 WS6 T/A which is a lot of fun to drive but I think I just want something else. My car is worth probably about 15k. Im looking into getting a 93-98 Turbo 6spd. Im trying to educate myself as much as possibly to hopefuly make a smart purchase. I have looked around a lot and I think I can find a solid car for low 20's...so my questions are...

What should I look for?
Is insurance expensive for these cars? (I have clean license)
Would you recommend buying stock or modified on cars like these?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated and I thank you in advance...

-Evan-

· Registered
1,899 Posts
you might be hard strapped to find a nice clean turbo 6spd for low 20s. It will have over 100k on it or has been wrecked previously to find that kind of a deal.

Id look for a BPU car. Best bang for buck and shouldn't have any real reliability issues.

For reference I searched high and low for a under 100k mile supra real TT with all vins still in tacted. I paid in the mid 20s. Its BPU and a completely new interior.
90k miles, white. Overall i think I came out pretty good and i'm really happy besides it's starting to smoke...after only a month. Time for a single upgrade.

· Registered
897 Posts
You never know. Keep your eyes out and you may find one in your price range.

Good luck!

· Working OT
9,049 Posts
I just joined the forums and am looking into getting a Supra. I currently have a 00 WS6 T/A which is a lot of fun to drive but I think I just want something else. My car is worth probably about 15k. Im looking into getting a 93-98 Turbo 6spd. Im trying to educate myself as much as possibly to hopefuly make a smart purchase. I have looked around a lot and I think I can find a solid car for low 20's...so my questions are...

What should I look for?
Is insurance expensive for these cars? (I have clean license)
Would you recommend buying stock or modified on cars like these?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated and I thank you in advance...

-Evan-
it's going to be an automatic with higher miles usually but you might be able to run across a 6-speed with 100k+ for low 20's

· Hardtop Crew
11,618 Posts
ur better of sprinkling crack on your trans am air filter ..... maybe then youll boost like supras

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.