Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to deinstall the Aircondition on my car, as I´ll race it on the roundcourse and want as much cold air as possible to the radiator...

It heps weight, also and the engine will rev lot faster, too.

Can I deinstall the A/C compressor and use a shorter belt,
or will that cause any problems.

Any pix?

Thanks.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the infos guys!

Now I just need to find out how long the belt is as
I will have unorthodox pulleys, too......

·
Respect
1,185 Posts
My belt size wouldn't fit your cars because i have a whole underdrive pulley set, crank and all. What i did was i went like 4 inches smaller in belt size and it was just a tad loose so i went the next size down. You'll see how much slack you have when you put your old belt on and you'll be able to tell how much smaller you need to go. They will keep taking the old belts back until you find one that fits right.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jarrett H said:
My belt size wouldn't fit your cars because i have a whole underdrive pulley set, crank and all. What i did was i went like 4 inches smaller in belt size and it was just a tad loose so i went the next size down. You'll see how much slack you have when you put your old belt on and you'll be able to tell how much smaller you need to go. They will keep taking the old belts back until you find one that fits right.
I´ll have the Unothodox underdrive pulleys, and the BL crank pulley.
I´ll find a belt somewhere.

Thanks.

·
SUPRAS FOR LIFE
4,188 Posts
u will need a custom bracket to hold the power steering pulley...when u remove the a/c compressor.....xx tuning from connecticut sells that peice.............

1 - 12 of 12 Posts