Supra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
6,984 Posts
It will be much easier to take it out of the top. You can drop it but its a pain in the ass. Im sure if you do a search on this forum you'll find a thread with some good info.

I pulled mine not too long ago...the only prob I came across was not knowin that the clutch fork neede to be removed cause a Toyota mechanic told me it would just pull right out:rolleyes:

If you run into problems, send me a PM and Ill help ya out.

Good luck!!

6,984 Posts
Just leave the wiring harness in the engine bay. Disconnect the fuel injectors, vsv's, cps, tps, all the connections on the thermostat housing...etc and then remove the intake manifold (or at least the upper half) annd you can pull the motor with the harness still in the car. Ill post pics once I resize/host them.

6,984 Posts
I would leave the trans in...thats how I did it. Remove the trans suppors and drop it so the oil pan sits on the crossmember...this will allow you to get to the top two bolts that hold the trans to the block. Just rent an engine hoist and get a buddy to help ya...its really not that hard.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.