Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright, i heard of this guy down the road from me lift his 1970 nova w/ 454 about 4feet of the ground and DROP his motor&trans, now i know my car is not a nova nor does it have a 454 in it, i was wondering if this could be done to a 7mgte? and if not why? ive never pulled a motor before and need some help becaus i have no engine hoist, but my friend has one that he might be able to let me borrow

· Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
did a search couldnt find nothing, i would really like to get my motor out in a few days but i would really like someone who has dealt with our cars before to be on hand cause everyone around here has stangs and muscle cars, does anyone know of someone in the ashland/lexington,ky area that can help?

· Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
im just trying to get the ecu through the glove box hole, but i just did it and got my wiring harness through the firewal so all is ready, droped the driveshaft and is there really no one around my area that can come help me, the nearest yoda dealer is 50 miles away, and they wanted 45 bucks just to talk to me

· Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
im having to do this solo due to no one around here liking imports, im a bit of a loner, but i have dropped a few tranny's and already looked at and am pretty sure i can do it on my own, could i use a couple of hydraulic jacks to lower the trans?

· Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks, ill leave the tranny, i found someone a min. ago that is going to come help me, he even used to have one and had to pull the motor and put a new one in, he said we could do in a few hours? he does it all the time but not w/7mgte but he is nice enough to come help me out so i dont care, people around here hate on any imports and he said they were good cars so i think he is the only cool person around here, hes an older guy is there anything i should look out for while pulling other than whats on threads, any little tricks that have to be done? any help would be helpful becaus we are doing it in a little bit?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.