Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I run 255's up front comfortably? beacause I just got three brand new 255/35/18's for next to nothing price wise! So guys, you think it will rub when turning?

· Factory RSP Hardtopper
2015 Ram 2500 Coal Roller
2,925 Posts
Yes. It may rub if your car is lowered though. My fronts rubbed when the car bottomed the suspension.

· Banned
284 Posts
I have 255-40-18's up front my car on a 9" wheel; I'd never run a 35 on the front of my car, due to the profile of the tire....once bad pothole and the rim & tire are done.

· Registered
13,982 Posts
I've been running 255/35 X 18 front tires for a few years with no problems at all, never rubs or touches anything under any driving condition...but as stated above, this depends on your wheel offset and size.

· Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys! I know the offset will work, just wondering about the rubbing! but sounds like there going on this weekend! :bigthumb:

· Silent
2,839 Posts
I run 275/40/17s up front with slightly modified fenders (stock with some heat and tlc) and no rubbing. Those are yoko avs's though, which i know to be a touch thinner than other tires. I ordered new eagle f1's and i'm taking them in 265 this time.

But you can DEFINITELY run 255's in front.

· The Great Kruso
4,230 Posts
I have 285 30 18s aswell without any issues up front.

· Silent
2,839 Posts
Hmm 285/30/18 seems like such a desirable size, given the reported increase in response from 18s. I am surprised to see no rubbing issues with those. What offsets are you running?

· Texas Roadhouse FTW !
1,080 Posts
yea i have 255/40/17 on my rims up front with hks coil overs no rubbing at all

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.