Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 89, the powere locks no longer work and the lock sensors could possibly be on the fritz.....but anyways rather than fixing all that shit...... can i just take the factory alarm computer out of the car????

will it diable the ignition or anything like that? cuz right now i either have to always keep the damn thing unlocked or keep the dome light fuse out so that the alarm doesnt go off when i unlock the door.

any suggestions?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im sorry i guess i didnt clarify.... but the key does go in and will unlock the door just fine BUT the mechanism for the Power locks does not work so it doesnt unlock both sides( i have to do it manualy from each side) and because of this... the alarm will go off if i dont unlock both sides from each door each time i get into the car.

honestly just pull the locks out and wd40 them alot it should loosen the locks so that the key can go in.

·
Overlooked
4,677 Posts
Make sure the actuator is plugged in as well as the window switch and door lock switch. I believe there is another connector for the alarm but not sure where.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea... thats what im planning, BUT will the removal of the factory alarm affect anything on the car? like since the alarm is hooked into a kill switch for the ignition...?

·
7m love... dont hate.
2,571 Posts
you remove the theft deterrent ecu under the dash on the drivers side lil black box to the right of the steering column and ground the blue wire with the orange strip so you can start the car. you can turn that into a kill switch if you like.

you dont need to remove any wires from the doors or anything.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts