Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
by looking at the engine without taking anything apart?
how can i tell if i have us spec or jap spec turbos?
im the second owner so im not sure what the previous owner did///
but ppl are telling me it looks like a jap spec engine.

anyways.. can i tell just by looking at the turbos somehow?
thanks

·
When cars say, "NO MORE!"
2,112 Posts
if the whole engine is jspec check the intake manifold there will be no egr system or block off plates

·
Mr. 2JZUL8R
6,024 Posts
check and see if u have an AFM, EGR, also look at the spark cover, if it doesnt say 2jzgte in the front its prob jap spec!

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
is there anyway to look at the turbos themselves tho?
cuz the guy could of just switched those right?
anyways. i have bcc, dp , exhaust, and intake
and im spiking at 19psi now... on 94 octane..
does this info help?
thanks guys

·
Mr. 2JZUL8R
6,024 Posts
jdm twinz tend to spike really bad if u open up the exhuast at all! seems like ur complaining of exactly that!

to switch the turbos from usdm to jdm is a bitch and a half! cause not only is it just a bitch to do, u gotta get a diffrent flange for the DP, AND change the angle and length of the DP to fit correctly! USDM heat shields dont fit (unless some modification is done)! find out what kind of DP! if its a US made DP and looks hacked by the turbo end then chances are its jdm twinz with "custom made to fit" us DP! there is also a minor diffrence in the section after the y pipe from jdm to usdm! eventhough i knew all this 2 months ago back to back i have sadly alread forgotten! :rolleyes: cause i did the JDM to USDM twinz!

ill try and find out more by tomorrow if i can, but do check for an EGR and other things mentioned already here to confirm if its a JDM motor or not!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts