Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
17,266 Posts
You can definitely use MBC to control boost with a single turbo. You may need to get a stiffer spring though, depending on what your MBC came with.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So the stiffer the spring the more boost it will allow? Do you think one spring will be able to ajust between 17psi (pump) and say 28psi race fuel? I don't want to have to change the spring out everytime I want to turn up the boost.

Maybe I'll just try and figure out what's wrong with my AVCR. I've just heard MBC's are more reliable and don't spike.

·
Registered
282 Posts
rxdriver said:
So the stiffer the spring the more boost it will allow? Do you think one spring will be able to ajust between 17psi (pump) and say 28psi race fuel? I don't want to have to change the spring out everytime I want to turn up the boost.

Maybe I'll just try and figure out what's wrong with my AVCR. I've just heard MBC's are more reliable and don't spike.
I don't know about the Hallman having a range that great, but it's possible, I have a Hallman knock off here that does it for sure, and at half the price. I just never got around to installing it, let me know if you're interested in it. You're correct though, MBC's don't spike as easily, and often offer faster spool up is your wastegate it tired.

·
Registered
661 Posts
You might want to get a stronger spring using the hallman boost controller. I think the spring can hanlde at most 17-20psi. I feel it can barely hold 17psi at a stable rate. YOu might want to look into a different spring.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What about the HKS VBC manual boost controller? Will that have a better range?

AQuick6

any pics of the MBC you have? What kind is it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts