Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
SF Zombie hunter
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i brought 2 bottles of Redline 75W90 high performance gear oil, i was wonderin if i can use this in my differential which has LSD in it.

·
Registered
358 Posts
you filled your differential with lsd? trippy man 1000 posts for me.

·
Banned
3,588 Posts
ahahhahahhahahhaahhahaha :lol:

as long as it says safe for LSD's then yer good

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,351 Posts
Redline 75W90 comes with LSD friction modifier in it.

·
Check Your Face!!!
1,417 Posts
is that synchromax shit any good? i have heard good things, but a forum member's opinions would be good

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
i have read that just adding straight gear oil and then slowy adding lsd friction modifier till the rearend stops poping is the best thing to do. I am sure someone can clarify this better then I can.

·
Registered
454 Posts
NegativeGeForce said:
i have read that just adding straight gear oil and then slowy adding lsd friction modifier till the rearend stops poping is the best thing to do. I am sure someone can clarify this better then I can.
Correct, this is for gear oil that does not already have LSD additive in it. As someone mentioned, redline 75w90 already has this additive in it and should be perfectly fine in your differential. I am running Redline Heavy Shockproof Gear Oil (arizona is hot enough) and it has worked great. I have also heard REALLY good things about gm syncromesh, however I do not know if it has lsd additive in it. Perhaps someone could chime in on this? (too tired to google).

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,351 Posts
Some people believe the redline 75w90 has too much friction modifier in it though, so some prefer to get the 75w90NS, and then use Ford friction modifier and add it until the chatter stops. (Don't want to prematurely wear out that LSD. :))

1 - 8 of 8 Posts