Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what can cause a car to not go past 4000rpm. when i drive the car cant boost past 4k why? sp single kit on stock map sensor and stock fuel. and also the car idles fine but when i start to boost it kind of bogs at 4k and seem like it doesnt want to go anymore? any info would be great

thanks

·
Registered
176 Posts
what can cause a car to not go past 4000rpm. when i drive the car cant boost past 4k why? sp single kit on stock map sensor and stock fuel. and also the car idles fine but when i start to boost it kind of bogs at 4k and seem like it doesnt want to go anymore? any info would be great

thanks
How long have you had the single setup?

Did this just recently happen, right after the single, or has it been a while?

·
300zxtt
41 Posts
Hi Change your converter it is stopped up my car did that and it would not go above 3500 rpm i change it and it would trist 7500 rpm Thanks

·
11,221 Posts
Rich as a mofo. I've run into that problem several times over and keep thinking it's various problems. Then I started leaning out or richening up the fuel maps like crazy and it helped out. That determined that my car was mighty rich.

Just take out some fuel on the whole map and see if the car will rev higher. Don't stay in boost too long as it's only a testing factor. Then you'll see if it's too rich...

·
Registered
587 Posts
does it sputter and lag at 4k? might wanna check and regap your spark plugs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts