Supra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Search
3,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just disapear suddently?

I had this horrible clacking then popped the hood and it litterally vanished... no unsual sounds at all...

i don't konw if it was rod knock but it was a nasty knockin sound..

my oil is FULL.

· Ludicrous speed! GO!
2,559 Posts
valve tap, piston slap, ticking injectors...

· Search
3,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
koulee said:
valve tap, piston slap, ticking injectors...
I dunno how piston slap could come and go just like that at full operating temp... my injectors always tick stupid loud, it wasn't them :)

valves... someone else suggested that too...

i'm going to see what happens tomorrow... it scared the hell out of me though, it was loud :hide:

· 475RWHP 449TQ and climing
6,183 Posts
Justin said:
just disapear suddently?

I had this horrible clacking then popped the hood and it litterally vanished... no unsual sounds at all...

i don't konw if it was rod knock but it was a nasty knockin sound..

my oil is FULL.

Any good mechanic knows that once you get rod knock it doesnt just go away! :wtflol:

· Supra hail dent king :(
1,209 Posts
haha. that's crazy. that sounds like my na but only on startup when it's cold. makes loud clunking sounds then just dissappears after it warms up. i cant find the problem yet. but i was thinking it was a loose motor mount at first. but it only does it when it's cold and on start up?? it's crazy.

· Search
3,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QWIKSTRIKE said:
Any good mechanic knows that once you get rod knock it doesnt just go away! :wtflol:
Yes yes, its a funny question I know...

I kept reving it and stuff after it went away, I did everything I could think of, just wasn't coming back...

we'll see what happens when i go to work in an hour.

· Ludicrous speed! GO!
2,559 Posts
Justin said:
I dunno how piston slap could come and go just like that at full operating temp... my injectors always tick stupid loud, it wasn't them :)

valves... someone else suggested that too...

i'm going to see what happens tomorrow... it scared the hell out of me though, it was loud :hide:
piston slap usually stops once the car is fully warmed up. if the engine is really worn out, maybe it could also persist while up to temp.

· Search
3,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
koulee said:
piston slap usually stops once the car is fully warmed up. if the engine is really worn out, maybe it could also persist while up to temp.
the engine was all the way warm, and has 1850 miles on it :)

it hasn't came back since so I'm thinking maybe a rock was stuck somewhere or something, I don't know wtf it was but its gone.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.