Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
2JZ yes shit
1,012 Posts
I might be wrong, but when I had my intake appart, I thought of it to be the vacuum reserve tank. I believe in the case where you lose vacuum or power to the car, this still gives you the ability for one or two pumps on the brake pedal.

·
T88 YOU
3,567 Posts
its the vacuum reservoir. no, it has nothing to do with your brake booster, that is a vacuum reservoir in and of itself. the vacuum reservoir here is used to hold vacuum to work the stock sequential system's vsv's. if you are going single or ttc you can remove it.

·
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its the vacuum reservoir. no, it has nothing to do with your brake booster, that is a vacuum reservoir in and of itself. the vacuum reservoir here is used to hold vacuum to work the stock sequential system's vsv's. if you are going single or ttc you can remove it.

THANK YOU! :bigthumb: it's in the trash now...lol.

What's wrong with the green stuff???

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
^Nothing depending on what the chemical make-up is. Zerex G-05 is green/yellow in color and is recommended by Toyota and others. Look on the web for why you should not use heavy sillicate-based coolant on a Supra.

·
GO 'Cats!
1,001 Posts
^Nothing depending on what the chemical make-up is. Zerex G-05 is green/yellow in color and is recommended by Toyota and others. Look on the web for why you should not use heavy sillicate-based coolant on a Supra.
On most cars I think...allows for electric potentials and corrosion over the long term.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Yeah, I agree with what DinnerTime said... Did you drain the coolant before removing the head? That would have kept it out of the cylinders. Oh well.... Oh and you may want to drain your oil, because I bet you have coolant in it now.

·
Old School
4,055 Posts
On another note... does anyone know what the valves mounted under the pressure tank are?

Brandon
The VSV is there to control purge of the charcoal cannister.

·
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah, I agree with what DinnerTime said... Did you drain the coolant before removing the head? That would have kept it out of the cylinders. Oh well.... Oh and you may want to drain your oil, because I bet you have coolant in it now.

Nope, I didn't drain it first...opps. Lesson learned and yeah you're right...the oil probably has coolant in it now. I'm going to change both fluids now...

·
2JZ yes shit
1,012 Posts
Then why does my NA come with the same vacuum reservoir?

·
Enter The Supra
1,903 Posts
Nope, I didn't drain it first...opps. Lesson learned and yeah you're right...the oil probably has coolant in it now. I'm going to change both fluids now...
You might want to drain the oil, add oil, and drain that oil again. I was repairing an engine once, drained coolant, although a little was left that went down in the cylinders, and even though I drained the oil and put new oil in before starting it, I still spun a bearing. In any case, is that part needed only for the stock twins then? I also was wondering what it is and am going single, so I guess I can pitch mine too, or sell it?

·
Registered
143 Posts
I was under the impression that the tank and the valves work in conjunction with the EGR valve. I removed them from my 2jzge when I went NA-T.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts