Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am leaning more and more towards a standalone system such as a AEM-V2 and dumping my VPC/SAFC set up..the problem is i cant find one decent tuner here in NYC and was thinking to have a tuner out of state tune my 1994 tt..how does this work?

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
Are you willing to drive one hour? Are you stuck on the tuner must be in NYC? I see the dynojet facility Andre (aka dre99gsx) posted in the N.E. section (AIM Performance) is less than 1 hour drive in South Plainfield NJ, he can tune there, and dre is a very good tuner. I would always choose that over a remote tune.

·
4,932 Posts
If you have an internet connection and a laptop (and can hook up to your cars ECU), your tuner will instruct you to download something like teamviewer (www.teamviewer.com) which is a remote desktop application so he can control your laptop and tune your car. Most of the time it doesn't happen on a dyno because that takes a lot of time and coordination, so its not perfect.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Mine was done on the dyno. You just need a wifi connection and laptop to access your ecu. Then the tuner remotely takes over your laptop just like an IT department would. The tuner is then able to tune as if they were there.

·
Garage Queen Club
2,822 Posts
Come down to AIM, I can give you a hand. If the car runs and needs adjustment on the dyno, easy to do remotely. If you are looking for driveability, much more difficult to do over the internet. You'll have to factor installing the AEM, having all sensors plumbed, and going from there. Rates for all inclusive can run up to $1000 (install labor, dyno time, tuning time) for almost a day's work, all pending on complexity of your system and what you want done.

PM me if you have questions!

·
Premium Member
4,435 Posts
I do it all the time and it works very well. You basically need a good laptop with a good internet connection, Team Viewer (other ways to do this but this is the easiest) and the tuning software on your laptop. If you are unsure if you have a good laptop. Speak to the person tuning the car.

·
Banned
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks fellas, regarding the internet..while driving you will need like a HOTSPOT or something while on the road if your doing a street tune?

·
Registered
806 Posts
If you have an internet connection and a laptop (and can hook up to your cars ECU), your tuner will instruct you to download something like teamviewer (www.teamviewer.com) which is a remote desktop application so he can control your laptop and tune your car. Most of the time it doesn't happen on a dyno because that takes a lot of time and coordination, so its not perfect.

no shit!!

·
Registered
806 Posts
Come down to AIM, I can give you a hand. If the car runs and needs adjustment on the dyno, easy to do remotely. If you are looking for driveability, much more difficult to do over the internet. You'll have to factor installing the AEM, having all sensors plumbed, and going from there. Rates for all inclusive can run up to $1000 (install labor, dyno time, tuning time) for almost a day's work, all pending on complexity of your system and what you want done.

PM me if you have questions!

what sensors are you referring to? I plugged mine up and went. using stock map, and iat sensor.

·
Garage Queen Club
2,822 Posts
what sensors are you referring to? I plugged mine up and went. using stock map, and iat sensor.
If you are looking to boost beyond what the OEM Map can measure, you'll need a 3.5 bar map sensor added to the system, and if you are not using the stock MAF, you'll need a separate IAT.

·
Registered
806 Posts
If you are looking to boost beyond what the OEM Map can measure, you'll need a 3.5 bar map sensor added to the system, and if you are not using the stock MAF, you'll need a separate IAT.
I have the gm iat, just need to install it. and iam running a stock map sensor. when I put in my 4 bar map sensor the car doesn't want to run with it even adjusted for it.

·
Finally up and running!
3,998 Posts
i am leaning more and more towards a standalone system such as a AEM-V2 and dumping my VPC/SAFC set up..the problem is i cant find one decent tuner here in NYC and was thinking to have a tuner out of state tune my 1994 tt..how does this work?
Alpha will be just outside the city soon, he just posted in the NE section.

·
Banned
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Alpha Is a great tuner ,but I was just checking if there was a good tuner in nyc in case in run into.issues convience wise

·
Premium Member
4,435 Posts
Alpha Is a great tuner ,but I was just checking if there was a good tuner in nyc in case in run into.issues convience wise
You won't. I keep in contact with all my customers. If they have an issue post tuning I try to help them. Even 9 out of 10 times it's a non tune related issue.

·
Banned
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You won't. I keep in contact with all my customers. If they have an issue post tuning I try to help them. Even 9 out of 10 times it's a non tune related issue.
then this is all i wanted to hear, thanks ALPHA,

1 - 16 of 16 Posts