Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
eighty-7t on SM
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well yesterday morning i go and turn my car so i can go to school. there was some smoke coming out of my exhaust, i said its normal cause its cold out side. well once it starts to get warmer i see more and more of it. at this point im scared cause i dont know whats going on. well when i shut it off and pop the hood, i can hear water falling on the exhaust manni. i look around even more and sure enough there is water coming out of there. wtf? im pretty sure i know what it is, just wanna know from you guys. oh yeah, one more thing.....there is no hose leaking.

3,796 Posts
Are you sure there is no leaky hose? Sounds like a bhg and a bad one at that....

·
eighty-7t on SM
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nope, no hose. i'm in the process of removing the head. i took a look in the back of the head to see if that beloved hose was leaking, nothing. i took off the exhaust manni and there was water in it.

·
eighty-7t on SM
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nope, no hose. the water was coming out of the exhaust. where the manni and dp meet. well i dont know if its called a dp on an n/a. well since im taking the head off, would it be ok to reuse the bolts?

·
wha huh?
952 Posts
you can reuse the bolts, but its not reccomended, you should buy some ARP headbolts or head studs. If you plan on boosting high in the future, youre better off with a metal head gasket too, while youre at it. but if you go mhg, then you have to get head and block resurfaced and lap them both to an almost mirror like finish.

·
eighty-7t on SM
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i dont plan on going n/a - t. i want it to be a daily driver. minor mods here and there, i'm getting a turbo soon anyways. that the one i'll be doing everything to. later

·
wha huh?
952 Posts
ahh...my bad, didnt notice you had an n/a. in that case, just get some arp headbolts and a new stock headgasket.

·
Destroyer of Turbos
4,461 Posts
take 1 new HG, some ARP headbolts and call me in the morning... BHG im guessing

·
eighty-7t on SM
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i dont have a tq wrench. and i wanted to know what kind to get?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts