Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
2jz powered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought this harness a while back to use with my swap but never really took a good look at it. i noticed that there was an extra plug (as you can see in the pics) that doesn't look oem. someone spliced the harness to put this plug there. does anyone know what its for? can i remove it? any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks guys.

In this pic you can clearly (even though the pic is a little blurry) see that someone just tapped the harness and taped up the connection.

·
Getrag Gearhead
1,872 Posts
That is a short connector. That was not installed by someone. It comes with the harness. The plug is a branch for grounds. I would simply leave it alone or tape it to the harness like it was supposed to be. Also Toyota uses blue electrical tape to cover any split wiring so do not be alarmed. This is absolutely normal. Aside from the yellow tags on the harness you have there I would say that the under dash part of that harness is practically unmolested.

Joe.

·
2jz powered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks! i put the tags there for my swap just to make wiring a little easier so i know where each wire goes without having to cross refrence the wiring diagram. i just got really bored one nite and decide to label everything.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts