Supra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanna do some basic stuff to my '87 5-speed Supra to get into the 14's at least, and maybe throw on a Nitrous kit. So far, I was planning on an Intake, Header, High-flo cat. (I can't gut my cat because I'm moving to california soon) a Cat. back, Metal Head Gasket. I was thinking it would be a good idea to get a different sized metal head gasket to raise the compression, yea or nea?
and hopefully I can get the heads port and polished while they're off for the headgasket, and maybe a 3 or 5-angle valve job.
What do you guys think I could hit with that? I though probably mid 14's at best. One other question, what's the widest tires I could fit on stock tires? I evenually wanna get rims but speed comes first :) I know 235's are straight but would 245's fit maybe? I thought 245/45/16's would be close to stock diameter so the speedo wouldn't be too off. tia guys :)

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The easy ones first: 275mm are the widest tires that will fit without mods, and that's going to be tight. You can put MKIV 17X8 wheels on, as well as SC400, RX7 and other late model Japanese stockers. If you want to raise compression, you will need to mill the head: I think a 1.2mm is the thinest metal HG you can get for the 7MGE, and that won't compress when you torque it down, so you will drop below 9.2:1.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts