Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Can someone help me with the oreintation of a trim piece (paypal $25 for a pic)?

The following is a rubber piece that goes in each corner of the windshield inbetween the body by the hood hinge. Can someone show me a pic of one installed? They came loose when I removed the louver and I have no idea how to put it back on.

If someone will take a pic I'll paypal you $25. Thanks.

·
ELITECUSTOMBODY
6,552 Posts
ok, sorry it took this long, the wider part of this piece goes up against the fender and the lower/narrow part rests on the cowl panel(black plastic trim that goes from one fender across the top of the firewall to the other fender) basically you just wedge it in and it will stay there, if you still need more help, and can't figure it out,I will take a pic for you

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, but it doesn't help. I'm still lost. I don't know top from bottom or where to wedge it in or at what angle.

·
ELITECUSTOMBODY
6,552 Posts
lol, it's very simple, the 2.5-3 inch area from the back corner of the fender on top where it meets the door to the rear corner of the hood, that's where it goes, if you're still confused, i will try to take a pic in the morning

·
HKS Twins
432 Posts
well, let me try to explain. Its lke trying to explain to someone how to tie a shoe lace without visual. Look at your fender. Look at the top right corner where it meets your A pillar or the side or bottom right of your windshield. there is a small gap where the fender meets there. That rubber slids right under the fender. I belive it reduces vibration is my guess. If you play with it then it should slip into place. If you had a hard time getting it in you can loosen a few fender bolts but i think its uneccesary.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Holy crap! Thanks ex. I wouldn't have figured that out. I spent 15minutes last night and gave up.

Thanks again. Give me your paypal and I'll buy ya a beer :)

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
All pretty now :)

I think those things are to hold the edge of the cowl peice down so water won't get in? Both end edges on the new cowl peice were not quite all the way down securely until I put those on.

·
ELITECUSTOMBODY
6,552 Posts
StokerSix said:
Holy crap! Thanks ex. I wouldn't have figured that out. I spent 15minutes last night and gave up.

Thanks again. Give me your paypal and I'll buy ya a beer :)
LMAO,if you're serious, it's [email protected]

I'm glad you finally got them in

·
Registered
277 Posts
I've been trying to figure out why my cowl won't stay down on the edges and now I realized I'm missing these pieces. Anyone know if you can purchase seperately from the cowl assembly?

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah, your local toyota dealer can get them pretty quick if they don't already have them. Here's the part number:

Seal, FR Fender 53866-14030

I got some new ones to go with the new cowl peice.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts