Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are regualar 549's, but I am comtemplating 549R's ....can anyone photoshop this to show what it would look like on my car which is black? http://store.yahoo.com/wheelsperformancecom/tosuhre549.html

The other ones I am looking at are 540R's...anyone have any good pics of a Supra with 540R's?

Either wheel I will be doing polished.

Thanks

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone...I appreciate it.

The only thing left is if you can do that same black pic of my car with the 540R's and that would be the perfect comparison.

I appreciate it greatly.

·
It's all ball bearings...
889 Posts
It's interesting that both the Photoshopped picture john91709 posted and the TunerZine car Silver94Supra linked to are wingless with the HRE 549s. There is definitely a Vanquish-like look going on there; you never want to rip off another car's look (a la the Modena MKIV...ugh), but the MKIV did come first and it does look mean. Comparing those two pictures also illustrates, IMO, the benefits of upgrading to the 97-98 headlights (or at least painting the inside of the housing).

·
Banned
2,060 Posts
john91709 said:
im not the best but it gives you an idea :)
any more info on that car??? what sizes are those wheels. and any suspension work done to it. i think i want my supra to look like that way.execpt for the rims :) :)

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What does everyone think about 19x11's on the rear and 18x9.5's on the front? I am thinking about doing this "staggered" setup. I think it will look pretty good. 315's on the rear and 265-275's on the front.

I will definately be doing the polished finish though too which I think looks really nice.

Thanks for all the great response.

·
Premium Member
12,619 Posts
TT_6SPD_95 said:
What does everyone think about 19x11's on the rear and 18x9.5's on the front? I am thinking about doing this "staggered" setup. I think it will look pretty good.
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: The MKIV wheelwells are built for wheel/tire combos of relatively the same height. Two things will happen if you try to make this work:

1) The front tires will have a taller sidewall than the rears. :ghey:
2) You get the front sidewalls the same height as the rears, but then your front tire total height is too short. :ghey:

Leave the "staggered" setups for cars that have wheelwells and bodylines made for them---NSX, C5, new Vipers, etc.

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Khader K. said:
Tony it's been done:

He still has the car with the same wheels.
What are the exact sizes of the wheels? What size are the tires?

Looks good.

Thanks

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
What is everyone's opinion on the "R" vs the regular version of the HRE? Put simply "stepped lip" or no "stepped lip"?

Also, if anyone out there has a real good pic of a polished 540R on a Supra I would greatly appreciate that as well.

Just about ready to purchase. :)

Thanks

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Silver94Supra said:
19x9 / 19x11 HRE 549
Just to clarify...that is a "stepped lip" correct...and you didn't just forget the "R" right?

Thanks for your help and that will be a big help in choosing my next set of wheels.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts