Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched this forum unless i'm looking for the wrong thing....I'm trying to upgrade my intake pipe and ic piping, (i want to know what to do before i purchase) but can't find what to do with the hoses coming off of the intake and what to do with them i can't find pics either...also what's the safest boost to run on stock injectors with a lexus afm and upgraded ct-26?
thanks in advance

·
Oldie but a Goodie
1,465 Posts
well.... before you get an earful about how you should never use a Lex AFM with stock injectors... if you can find a way to measure air fuel ratios then it should be ok. As for how much boost you can run... well that again depends on the AFRs. Who knows how well your injectors are currently working, and with an additional 25% more airflow than stock.. even running the factory 6.5psi is really flowing more and leaning out your AFR.

Moral of the story, buy a wideband.... then crank the boost. Or take it to a dyno shop.

As for the hoses coming off the intake. One is your recirculation valve, one is powersteering idle up (the tiny one on the bottom of the accordian hose) and i forget what the other two are.

·
when this baby hits 88mph
2,198 Posts
you will need to put those hoses back on the intake pipe. the connections are: stock bov (can eliminate if you have a diff bov), isc, pcv and the small one on the bottom is the ps idle up (can be eliminated).
safest boost level is gonna depend on your particular car and setup. on MY car w/ a walbro pump and paxton afpr set at higher base fuel pressure i could run ~11psi before it started to go past what im comfortable with (leaner than 12:1 on the dyno). you will need a wideband or dyno with a wideband to determine what is safe for your car. also to note on my lex afm i had drilled out the plug over the stock screw and adjusted it all the way in.

dave

·
TheFastCoonAss
6,083 Posts
On the fuel system, you'll probably get several opinions, but what I've seen over the years on here is all these threads where people can't get the car to idle right, can't get their A/F's right, etc. because they try and do it a piece at a time. The right way to do the fuel system is as a complete system all at once, not piecing it together and wondering why your car runs like crap. The Lexus is matched perfectly to the 550 injectors in order to get around fuel cut. Save the Lexus, buy your injectors, buy your upgraded fuel pump, buy your Pressure regulator system, buy your Pressure Gauge, then install a complete system. But then again, that's only my opinion.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rajunz said:
On the fuel system, you'll probably get several opinions, but what I've seen over the years on here is all these threads where people can't get the car to idle right, can't get their A/F's right, etc. because they try and do it a piece at a time. The right way to do the fuel system is as a complete system all at once, not piecing it together and wondering why your car runs like crap. The Lexus is matched perfectly to the 550 injectors in order to get around fuel cut. Save the Lexus, buy your injectors, buy your upgraded fuel pump, buy your Pressure regulator system, buy your Pressure Gauge, then install a complete system. But then again, that's only my opinion.
I purchased the vehicle with the lexus AFM, with the the upgraded ct, 3inch exhaust turbo back, and the elbow is stock...metal head gasket with arp's.... oh yeah it has an HKS FCD too...I'm planning on purchasing 550's in a month or sooner.... Now i'm curious is all that ok or unsafe? also does anyone know where i can get a service manual too or is a haynes or chilton decent?

N

·
0 Posts
i will have a full set of metal IC pipes to sell soon, and i'm from NJ

i need to take them off my car and repaint them, but i am going 1jz so no need for them anymore. they also have a SSQV flange mounted on it.

if you want them, let me know

-Scott

·
TheFastCoonAss
6,083 Posts
z06what? said:
I purchased the vehicle with the lexus AFM, with the the upgraded ct, 3inch exhaust turbo back, and the elbow is stock...metal head gasket with arp's.... oh yeah it has an HKS FCD too...I'm planning on purchasing 550's in a month or sooner.... Now i'm curious is all that ok or unsafe? also does anyone know where i can get a service manual too or is a haynes or chilton decent?
I wouldn't run the boost up over 10-12 psi without the injectors, and, I would take that damned Fuel Cut Defender off ASAP, it's a disaster waiting to happen. As soon as you get the 550's you can crank it up to 14-15. Your next purchase if you're happy with that turbo should be an elbow or BIC downpipe, it'll really wake that thing up.

Service manual = TSRM

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
NeverNZ said:
i will have a full set of metal IC pipes to sell soon, and i'm from NJ

i need to take them off my car and repaint them, but i am going 1jz so no need for them anymore. they also have a SSQV flange mounted on it.

if you want them, let me know

-Scott

Yeah i'd take it off your hands let me know when they are available
[email protected]
973-885-3101 my cell

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Rajunz said:
I wouldn't run the boost up over 10-12 psi without the injectors, and, I would take that damned Fuel Cut Defender off ASAP, it's a disaster waiting to happen. As soon as you get the 550's you can crank it up to 14-15. Your next purchase if you're happy with that turbo should be an elbow or BIC downpipe, it'll really wake that thing up.

Service manual = TSRM
Thanks Rajunz very helpfull you are :bigthumb:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts