Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to remove my passenger airbag, because I'm having something put inside there instead. I'm not exactly sure how to remove it. Can someone tell me how, without making the whole entire thing go off? I know for safety reasons, to disconnect the battery. But does the lid just pop off or do I have to take the glovebox out and disconnect a wire from underneath the airbag. Please help me out, thanks.

-Shawn

K

·
0 Posts
if you are planing to kill you passenger just do something to the door an go reallly fast then make a really sharp turn then the fool will fly out

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
supra178 - Thanks, I kind of thought so, but since I have my dash apart, I looked in the area where the airbag was and I could see a yellow cable that goes all the way to the airbag ECU that's between the seats. I think if I disconnect that wire, the airbag won't somehow open. Then in order to completely remove the whole airbag unit, I would need to go up through the glovebox. I think I figured it out.

-Shawn

·
OCC
897 Posts
Legality of Removing the Bag(s)?

So what are the legalities concerning the removal of the factory airbag(s)? I've heard a rumor from a couple of individuals that it is a felony... is that true?? It would really suck to get involved in a wreck and have yourself or a passenger get fatally injured because the bags were disabled/removed... just something to think about...

ak

1 - 8 of 8 Posts