Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can someone tell me what other turbos comparible with the gt42r ballbearing?

I would like to know for this particular gt42r turbo
what else compares to it in power
i believe this turbo makes about 1200hp hits full boost around 4800 rpms
looking to see what else is comparible before i buy this turbo
i can get this turbo brand new for $1800
but there are other turbos out there for a better deal...give me some help here
supra guy's. thanks Ray4agze :rolleyes: :)

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i heard turbonectics has a one or two but not sure .........come on guy's tell me something
give us some help here .

·
I'm your huckleberry...
64 Posts
I spoke with a local fella here that mentioned that a t78 is fairly smaller in size yet produces around 1080hp levels which for 120hp the size difference is where it counts. I am not sporting a supra so I only have so much room in the bay to play with hence the interest in power numbers to size ratio.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well i will spend the money on the GT42R a friend of mines has it in his 2jz......and man oh man..
i have been building my own turbo kit ....I....thought about the turbonetics Y2K .....seems similar in hp range ....but i know noone that can give me a roller coater ride with that SETUP ....i was mostly worried about some turbo lag with both these turbo's .......but im gonna have to stick with the gt42r not only is it bb .....but
it spools fairly enough no later than 4800 rpms .....went for a spin the other day in my buddy 's Mk4 :drool: .......the ride was just crazy ....i gotta get this gt42r as i all ready know what to expect...hahhahaa
simply crazy ......i just ordered mines today by the way.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I know there are plenty of turbo's out there ....and i didn't have to pick such a big turbo
but it seems to me lot's of people are going garett these days....for some reason ...and obiously
you rarely see these up for sale around here that's for sure.

amazinly the gt42 for fills my needs and spools like S.O.B :drool:

·
T-Power
1,625 Posts
zooyorker said:
t78 will never ever get you to 1080hp...
He probably meant a turbonetic T78 which is more than capable of 1000hp

·
BLACKOUT
1,864 Posts
a GREDDY t78 is different than a 78mm turbo .....a 78 mm turbo might get you 1100 rwhp , a greddy t78 has (i think) a 67 mm wheel which will only get you like 700 rwhp .....i dont know why greddy has to be different with their sizes

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Fellers i went with the GT42R BB over the Y2k turbonetics ....seems like these garett turbos
are the shiznit. haha

·
no more supras
2,175 Posts
anything comparable you can probably buy from sound performance. check out their section of the forums for turbo listings and see what needs you have. they have a wide enough array of turbos for you, taking you to the hp levels that you want.

·
I'm your huckleberry...
64 Posts
Did you recieve your turbo yet? Can you post some pics and also can you measure it for me along with pics of the measurements? I would really like to know the size of this turbo to see if it's gonna fit under the hood.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Internexus said:
Did you recieve your turbo yet? Can you post some pics and also can you measure it for me along with pics of the measurements? I would really like to know the size of this turbo to see if it's gonna fit under the hood.
Yes :)
The gt42r turbo is huge ..but none the less fits under the hood ..a friend of mines Willie NICK NAME [ terminator ] from DRT PERFORMANCE has it as we speak rite now under his trd hood ..
........i went for a ride the other day again ...and that convience me to choose that TURBO over the Y2K turbonetics....
i think turbonetics are good turbos ...but i simply chose the GT42 BB for the fast spoolin ....and last i know what to expect with this setup....
:drool:

turbonetics = $1400
GT42R BB = $1950 something else i had to think about was the price :urowned:

·
Registered
619 Posts
checked back on this thread, lol soz i totally missunderstood that... because mostly when people say t78 they mean the greddy lol, excuse my brief unconcentration!

any pics or videos of that badass turbo yet? so which size is it exactly?

sorry again,
take care,
Yann

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Which version of GT42R did you get?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts