Supra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can stock intake manifold cause fuel to get heat soaked in the fuel rail?

my car has this weird idle issue once warmed up and my tuner says everything points to the fuel heating up once operating temperatures are stable 2which cause the air to change???

He says since it wraps around the fuel rail it might cause the fuel to change temperatures

- aftermarket rail /injectors/ and lines on the car-

·
Time for change
6,866 Posts
Everything points to your tuner.

Seriously though, it's most likely not related to heatsoak, look elsewhere, check your FP etc etc... Honestly though there is a high probability that it's tune related.

·
Time for change
6,866 Posts
You can heatsoak fuel guys, hotter fuel will be more lean per volume, so that is a real phenomenon... I'm just saying it's not very likely.
OEM ECU's calculate this loss already, well the newer ones I know do.

·
Premium Member
5,382 Posts
FPR is fuel pressure regulator. Check to make sure that its at the same pressure and it doesn't fluctuate at idle.

R.K.
This.

I had a strange problem with my Aeromotive A1000. With a low tank of gas I would get fuel pressure drop at idle causing lean AFR's at idle and cruise. Fill up the tank, and voila. No problems at WOT. "Cured" it by turning on the o2-feedback on AEM.

Also Beau is correct about hot fuel causing lean condition.

EDIT: sounds like the same problem as 2jz88mk3 posted.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.