Supra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Im pretty sure that cops cannot tow your car becuase you have illiegal exhaust...

where did you hear that from?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well, i'm here in va so it might be a little different. but, last night, i almost got into a little rumble involving my ex's new boy and a few other people and the cops showed up. after seeing all the cars he told us that starting thursday, they will be towing cars that are illegal on the street, meaning cars with clear lights, exhausts, and cars that are too low. now all i need to do is find a stock exhaust, anyone have one?

edit: hmm...i could probably get away with having a TRD Exhaust.
SpdRcr0 said:
Im pretty sure that cops cannot tow your car becuase you have illiegal exhaust...

where did you hear that from?
 
G

·
THATS BULLSHIT.... unless your exhaust is of a loud nature and they measure it WITH A METER to see if its louder than legally alowable YOU CAN'T GET TOWED OR CAUGH OR ANYTHING.

The police have limits... and if they tow your car because of that, and your exhaust is not louder than legal, you can sue them.

Later,
Josh
 

·
I own a Lexus
Joined
·
952 Posts
Josh///M3 said:
THATS BULLSHIT.... unless your exhaust is of a loud nature and they measure it WITH A METER to see if its louder than legally alowable YOU CAN'T GET TOWED OR CAUGH OR ANYTHING.

The police have limits... and if they tow your car because of that, and your exhaust is not louder than legal, you can sue them.

Later,
Josh

They might have different laws in VA then they do in other places. It all depends on the laws. You can’t sue (and win against) the cops unless they themselves are not working in accordance to the law. If in VA (or even the local laws) say that aftermarket exhausts are illegal then the cops have every rite to tow or ticket.
 
G

·
right... they cant tow you for any illigal stuff on your car.. unless you have a kilo of crack straped to the wing...
 

·
I own a Lexus
Joined
·
952 Posts
SpdRcr0 said:
right... they cant tow you for any illigal stuff on your car.. unless you have a kilo of crack straped to the wing...
It all depends on the local laws and the violation. In this case it was more than likely the cop was over exaggerating or trying to act big.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top