Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I have been here for a while 4 years or so. And I have a simple point, we are a unique community (mk3 owners). We all had the foresight to pickup a great affordable solid platform, and attempt to make it better. I for one am sick of all this 1jz 7m bickering and its causing a riff in our community. This is an automotive forum not a place to bicker, bitch, and try to one up each other, we are here to help eachother no matter what because we all have the same funky ass oldschool un appreciated Toyota s that we love.

In my opinion the type of engine doesnt matter, its the person who does the work on it. End of story, a bone head mechanic will ruin either platform and we are all here to help eachother out and learn. So dont post any bullshit in here NO DRAMA i just want people to remember why we are all here, and thats because of our cult car that we cant stop loving.

~scott

·
Registered
4,774 Posts
thank you!! :werd:

·
TheFastCoonAss
6,084 Posts
You ROCK Scottie. Man when I joined up here, 1JZ motors were just something you read about in a land far away. Mike Urbano was the first person that I ever heard of that imported one and put one in a MKIII stateside. Now days, they are just another "JDM engine" option. Choose whatever option you like, but just remember, neither one entitles you to a bullshit "Elite Status".

·
475RWHP 449TQ and climing
5,950 Posts
I agree with you here, but it seems we have people that think they have something to prove with their emotions on their sleeves. Then they think they can insult others to furhter their own agenda. I am not here to be bashed either. Most people talk from a opininated position, and defend it like theirs is the only one that counts. This MUST change. An opinion is just that...an opinion. Stop offering opinions like its law, and live and let live to each his own engine. If it's an opinon don't try to make like it's a factual statement, and mislead others that dont know any better. Also most importantly the 7m started it all how can you hate on it. The 1js, and 2js are the next generation of an alread good motor; choose the platform and make it happen.

To the Best community in spite of the differences

Anthony

·
BMM
2,329 Posts
:werd: :werd: :werd:

Thank you Scott.

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
this thread is not aimed at any specific members, i just wanted us all to take time and have a group :beer: and get back to the business at hand.
~scott

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
I think that there should be a stickie or addtl rule that will temp ban anyone else that brings the noise.

Urbano is the reason I've always wanted a 2J and can care less what the power potential is. Dropped a 7M back in, when I fell into the never-ending project-mode, but still a die-hard MKIII owner. Swapping another 2J now and could care less about rev limits and HP potential. Would love to finish my MKII and have as pretty and clean as Lance's.

Anyways,
I suggest we gather up the "this vs. that threads" and place their links into a sticky in the JZ section, with a FIRM warning. Anyone starting a new thread should be temp-banned, for causing more dramma to an already shrinking community.

·
Super Moderator
10,877 Posts
Amen Scottie!

Matt, that pic is awesome.

·
5,950 Posts
scottiedawg66 said:
this thread is not aimed at any specific members, i just wanted us all to take time and have a group :beer: and get back to the business at hand.
~scott

Agreed!

·
5,950 Posts
PM-Performance said:
Scottie, I love you.
Anthony, come give me a hug.
Matt, awesome picture. I now have wood.

Sorry for causing drama.

All good in the neighborhood man. I aint mad at ya.;) lol :wtflol:

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts
a toyota is a toyota :) Thats how i see it :) ^ LOVE THE PICTURE!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
That is what I am talking about! You are the man for trying to get everyone back on track here. Someones car will always be faster or slower, prettier or uglier and so on but it all comes down to one simple thing. WE ALL LOVE THE MKIII!! (well most of the time anyways)

1 - 20 of 94 Posts