Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I'm ill, not sick
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1.If you can, what horsepower #'s can you expect? 2.How safe/reliable is it?
3.Do you need to use a VPC?
4.What aftermarket fuel system is the best to run on the T78 set up without overdoing it?

I'll appreciate any feedback.

·
Registered
286 Posts
hey,
yes it is possible..I am running stock fuel with the T78....I would not boost over 1.0 bar on this turbo with stock fuel. But you also need a EGT gauge to make sure you are ok......Just make sure your boost is controlled. The T78 kit comes with the Type-R racegate which is factory set at 18ps...it will not boost any lower!
:(

There is a lot of fuel systems out there.....as long as you have the right setup you will be fine.

No...you do not NEED to use the VPC although if I had the money I would probably buy it. HP #'s are probably in the 450-500 rwhp on the stock fuel and MAF and runnning at approx. 1.0-1.3 bar.

SH
t78

·
Premium Member
6,923 Posts
I would not run this big turbo with stock fuel. As SC said, he is doin it, you just better keep tabs on boost and EGT's...

·
"Philzilla"
694 Posts
ocd said:
1.If you can, what horsepower #'s can you expect?
500rwhp is the 'safe' limit of the oem fuel system.
2.How safe/reliable is it?
Very unsafe - even with a weak wastegate spring and your boost controller turned all the way down, you could still boost-spike and run lean.
3.Do you need to use a VPC?
Although you'd make more power with a VPC, this would actually increase your chances of pushing too much air for your oem fuel system. Staying with a MAF might help a bit to keep your boost lower.
4.What aftermarket fuel system is the best to run on the T78 set up without overdoing it?
HKS Rail, 680/720 injectors, -6AN fuel line to 1 side of the rail and oem fuel line to the other side (with fuel pulsation dampener bypass), and 2 GSS341 Walbro pumps. You can buy a kit like this from several suppliers, including MVP Motorsports... Note that a T78 could outflow this system as well - 850cc injectors will be 'safest' (along with proper tuning, of course).

·
I'm ill, not sick
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanx guys. I will save my pennies and get it all at once. I appreciate you help.:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts