Supra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a newbie question in regards to a 1994 AUTO SUPRA TURBO, but can I start my engine without the intercooler installed or any piping installed between the turbo exit and the intake? Will it trigger any engine light?

I know on a non turbo car you can start without an intake and its OK and on some car you can even drive without an intake. Im just not familiar with a turbo engine. Basically all I want to do is start the engine and let it idle to warm it up to check for other leak and etc.

· Registered
7,567 Posts
mmmm, it should start, but it wont be happy. Unless its a JDM engine. Actually by it being a MAF car it might not start at all, but you can always try.

· The Slow And The Curious
793 Posts
If you still have the maf still it has to read all the air entering the engine or I will not want to start.

· Banned
3,371 Posts
Didint the VVTi engines have a MAF aswell? Cant remember.
VVTI 2jzge's usdm's have maf not sure of the turbo model.

Car should start but i doubt it would stay on. maybe if you had someone rev it and keep it at 2000 rpms it would stay on....just a thought.

as far as you messing anything up i don't think so as long as you don't take any pulls haha.

· Registered
559 Posts
i dont know about with a map sensor since im still on MAF but if its a maf sensor it just has to be before the intake and it will run. As long as the computer knows the amount of air entering the motor it will match with the correct fuel amount. i cranked mine with no intercooler to move it in the garage......it just ran like an N/A car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.