these places are damn expensive.

This is the prices they gave me in cdn funds

headgasket kit =251
overhaul kit= 466
timing belt=68.5
tensioner=163.8
waterpump= 139
motor mounts (98)=122.5 a piece lol..

I'm doing a full rebuild and i assume listed above are all the parts i need in terms of gaskets etc.

Can someone tell me if i should get a overhaul kit, or a headgasket kit?
and i assume jay marks would be a cheaper alternative?
Anyone have any idea what they would charge? It would help
thanks guys

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone know the difference in gaskets between the headgasket kit and the overhaul kit?

·
Registered
934 Posts
Toyota sure knows how to empty your pockets.. Those prices look right. The most rediculous price was the AFM, they want 1200 CAD for it LOL.

Can't the toyota tech tell you whats included in the kit? I remember he told me whats in it.

·
GO OILERS GO!
352 Posts
spoolint78 said:
anyone know the difference in gaskets between the headgasket kit and the overhaul kit?
The only price that you have listed that is okay, is the waterpump. I just recently ordered a shitload of parts from Jeff at Champion. Trust me when I tell you the it was worth. He is also very helpful and exteremely knowledgable. Good Luck with the rebuild.

·
Registered
223 Posts
KINGPIN33 said:
Toyota sure knows how to empty your pockets.. Those prices look right. The most rediculous price was the AFM, they want 1200 CAD for it LOL.

Can't the toyota tech tell you whats included in the kit? I remember he told me whats in it.
You think that's bad?

They want $1200 for the rear brake dust shields..like c'mon now, those are stamped and take 5 seconds to make.

The shields alone, no hub, nothing...

At least I can understand electronics, but still $1200 for the AFM, i rather do MAFT pro or just convert to Turbo A electronics

They won't win, they'll end up destroying the remaining parts in the end...unless some reallllllllly loyal MK3 owner in about 10-20 years orders those parts

I'm sure we'll all be in our MK5 Supras...who knows

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,352 Posts
They want $1200 for the rear brake dust shields..like c'mon now, those are stamped and take 5 seconds to make.

Not sure where you got that price, I think they're closer to $280 Cdn each... still unbelievably priced, but not quite $1200.

I'll double check when I go to Toyota tomorrow for curiosity's sake. :)

·
Registered
934 Posts
KnightRydeR said:
You think that's bad?

At least I can understand electronics, but still $1200 for the AFM, i rather do MAFT pro or just convert to Turbo A electronics

They won't win, they'll end up destroying the remaining parts in the end...unless some reallllllllly loyal MK3 owner in about 10-20 years orders those parts

I'm sure we'll all be in our MK5 Supras...who knows

Yea my rear breake dust break shields are rusted to shit now. Just remove them and never look back and try not to drive in heavy rain.

·
Big HP = Big Downtime
2,995 Posts
Front bumper cost me $600 with a few misc pieces of hardware.

A front lip costs around the same with the mouting bracket!!!! Its so rediculous. My friend can get a new honda factory lip for his accord for $75!! wtf

·
"DANNY TANNER!!!"
1,847 Posts
i'll agree that the prices are ridicoulous. But sometimes it's nice to buy toyota OEM parts because they are quality.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
guys just before i order
the 98 motor mounts will work on the 89+ supra's correct?
all we have to do is remove the dowel pin?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts