Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! This is my first post to this GREAT forum - been lurking for a while now.

I'm in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada and I am in the process of rebuilding an 89T I acquired last spring. Getting parts up here is a real challenge - well not exactly - just a costly experience.

Customs and brokerage fees usually add a minimum of 50% to the cost of parts shipped up from the USA.

Anyone have Canadian suppliers that are reasonalbe where price is concerned?

My 89T has HKS intake and 3" (catless) exhaust. Mods I plan on having done by the time the water gets soft again include:
- MHG (don't know what it's got right now)
- APR headbolts
- Walbo 255
- Lex AFM and 550s
- AFPR
- Gauges - EGT, FP, OP, Boost
- Front strut brace
- Type S BOV
- Profec B boost controller
- Turbo timer
- Turbo elbow
- EGR and Can removal
- Shimmied waste gate
- IC hard pipes (stock IC for now - I've spent a few days straightening the fins and it looks pretty good for now)

Thanks in advance to anyone with comment/suggestions!!

·
Canada, Eh?
2,397 Posts
welcome!

word of advise, stop shipping with UPS and you wont get reamed by "brokerage" charges. ship EVERYTHING with USPS crossing the border....

·
aka FredMk3
586 Posts
:agreed:

So true....don't use UPS and you will be happy.

The parts I bought for my mk3 was all coming for the states, and mostly all the next one I will get them there too.

And Welcome here bro!:)

·
Can't touch this!
1,404 Posts
Hey man!!!

I ahve an awsome supplier here in Alberta!! He is located in Red Deer and to this date I have not found a supplier with cheaper prices. Especially Greddy and Apex-i!

The name is Diablo Power Products and you can reach him by email at [email protected]

Just tell him that Jason from the Calgary Supra crew sent yah and he'll hook yah up with some awsome prices!

Later

Jason

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Enraged/Fredturbo - You are right on the mark with UPS!! I always ask suppliers to ship USPS then I only get hit fot the 15% in taxes.

A lot of eBayers will not accommodate the USPS request and they ship UPS anyway.

2PHAT - Thanks for the lead in Calgary - That's where my 89 came from. Bought it sight unseen and had a relative bring it to Winnipeg 'cause there is very limited number of decent Supras in Manitoba.

Thanks all!! :)

·
Registered
311 Posts
PoorBoy said:
Hey Enraged/Fredturbo - You are right on the mark with UPS!! I always ask suppliers to ship USPS then I only get hit fot the 15% in taxes.

A lot of eBayers will not accommodate the USPS request and they ship UPS anyway.

2PHAT - Thanks for the lead in Calgary - That's where my 89 came from. Bought it sight unseen and had a relative bring it to Winnipeg 'cause there is very limited number of decent Supras in Manitoba.

Thanks all!! :)
Limited number of decent Supra's? You must have missed mine :) (I know I know you meant to purchase)

I've ordered from horsepowerfreaks and suprasport and both are good for getting the products to you quickly and will usually send usps. Unless it's bigger items. PM and I'll let you know what else they can do for you. ;)

There is another place that you may like to try in Winnipeg called sybersport/Walls Rod and custom. I just started getting stuff through him and his customer support is excellent. He's in landmark 15 min outside the city towards steinbach. His number is 878-2337 ask for Darren.

Oh yeah if you want a cheap downpipe and full exhaust with stainless muffler I have one.

·
Canada, Eh?
2,397 Posts
well, as soon as you hit the border, theres a wall of snow, which usually slow down the delivery trucks, so they have to charge more. and you can't forget the fact that in canada, its winter 11 months of the year, so driving conditions are horrible.

the french arent bad, but those noofies, you gotta watch out for them!

·
Destroyer of Turbos
4,461 Posts
lol...went over the border a few times in the niagra area and it wasnt too bad...i dunno how far u are from the border but im guessing its far enought that you cant hop it, go to a good ole US junk yard or speed shop and then run the border w/ the parts {shrug} get your southern dwelling supra buddies to help you maybe w/ that if we have a supra meet up there we could pass ya some parts :) welcome to the club

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
2PHAT4U said:
Hey man!!!

I ahve an awsome supplier here in Alberta!! He is located in Red Deer and to this date I have not found a supplier with cheaper prices. Especially Greddy and Apex-i!

The name is Diablo Power Products and you can reach him by email at [email protected]

Just tell him that Jason from the Calgary Supra crew sent yah and he'll hook yah up with some awsome prices!

Later

Jason
Tell him Duane sent you too!

I got my Tein coilovers from him. I also put his name in the SCC mag write up. The guy with the white Supra and he will know. ;)

Cam is an Awsome guy and has great prices.

Duane

·
Registered
391 Posts
Hey Duane
how much did u pay for the coilovers if it's not a secret.

thx

Andriy

·
Registered
311 Posts
Enraged said:
well, as soon as you hit the border, theres a wall of snow, which usually slow down the delivery trucks, so they have to charge more. and you can't forget the fact that in canada, its winter 11 months of the year, so driving conditions are horrible.

It's not the delivery trucks getting slowed down by snow it's the fact that they have to offload the trucks onto the dogsleds that causes the slowdown in shipping. At least the snowmobile has helped speed up delivery times.

I hate that one month out of the year when my igloo melts and I have to put up the tent to live in.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Too funny - but almost true. My other hobby is windsurfing - when the waters soft again!!

·
aka FredMk3
586 Posts
Enraged said:

11 months come on. lol more like 6 months max!

And about the french not too bad, I guess not since I'm FRENCH!:p About the newfies, those are some funny peoples, sometimes not funny anyway.:wtf:

If anybody have other good shop for parts here in canada, keep them coming, will be usefull for me too!;)

·
Canada, Eh?
2,397 Posts
suprakikdurass said:
I hate that one month out of the year when my igloo melts and I have to put up the tent to live in.
Very true. i take the opportunity to dig a basement for my next igloo.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts