Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in CA and interested in this guys supra from Canada. I dont know much about how different the Canadian supras are compared to eh USA models, but can someone please tell me or maybe point me where i can find the differences in canadian and us models...

im mostly worried about smog regulations and things like that because im from California and smog regulations are retarted here. So i want to know if they come with cats like here in US and all the smog stuff that all supras come with here in US are there any other differences? engine different or anything... someone told me heated seats in some? and also kilometers and miles is another one... appreciate it

thanks

·
Big HP = Big Downtime
2,995 Posts
California cars have a lot of extra crap that even the rest of the US doesn't have.

A normal US mkiii vs a normal cdn mkiii the differences would be things like daytime running lights (fog lights on all the time), Gauges read differently. The oil pressure gauge and boost gauge are in different units, the US ones read in PSI. Heated seats cam in 90 or 91 and up models in the US and Canada I believe.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FromDaStreetz said:
California cars have a lot of extra crap that even the rest of the US doesn't have.

A normal US mkiii vs a normal cdn mkiii the differences would be things like daytime running lights (fog lights on all the time), Gauges read differently. The oil pressure gauge and boost gauge are in different units, the US ones read in PSI. Heated seats cam in 90 or 91 and up models in the US and Canada I believe.
forgot to mention that im asking about the 93-98 MKIV Supras..

well from the research that i have done ALL MKIVs came with cats and O2 sensorts straight from the factory, so in Cali the supras do not have more smog on them, cali is just more strict on smog, for example.. you cant have exhaust or this or that and the the emission tests are harder to pass because we have lower numbers that are cars have to be under compared to other smog stations around the country.

Now about the oil pressure and the boost gauge, US model MKIVs dont have a oil gauge and a boost gauge as far as i know and the canadian models do?

·
Crazy Member
281 Posts
I've owned both and there is NO difference in the guages...

HEre is a detailed list.

CAN supra has a different speedometer, big KM small Miles
CAN supras came with heated front seats
CAN supra comes with Daytime running lights
CAN supra comes with a $15 child seat anchor which u can buy at any toyota dealer

everything else is the same.

hope this helps.

B.

·
Crazy Member
281 Posts
msivyhuynh said:
CAN is in kilometers and not miles
as i said... KM BIG, Miles SMALL

:bigthumb:

·
Crazy Member
281 Posts
Greg Bielawski said:
I think CAN Supras have automatic heated mirrors as well.
they do :) is the heater always on? or is it actually automatic? I know my 4runner's mirror heaters turn on when u turn on the rear defogger. Never thought much about the supra.

·
Check Your Face!!!
1,417 Posts
also forgot to mention that canadian supras are just all around better. he he

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
dont deprive us of our already rare mkiv's :sadwavey:

·
Check Your Face!!!
1,417 Posts
well put singh, well put