Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
wha huh?
952 Posts
wow...that looks really nice. that paint looks great...most of the custom repaints i see look like shit. its gonna be sweet man. good job

·
Super Moderator
10,753 Posts
That looks a HELL of a lot better than I thought it would! :bigthumb: Keep the pics coming!

What wheels are you pondering at this point?

·
Can't wait for Spring!
2,364 Posts
i like that!! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Pretty paint.. any other color but green would look awesome with that kinda work. :p JK Looks good, just not my style.

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
wow..that looks really good...green aint my best color, but the candy makes that car looks real good.

·
MKIII Bodykit Connoisseur
923 Posts
beautiful man.... how many coats of clear are on that?... doesn't look like very many... but looks badass just the same :)

·
N/A Power
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
this is simular as to what I want my rims look like

exaust is just an ebay muffler with 2.5 mandrel bent, any muffler shop can do it
there is 3 clear coats, I was told if I put on n e more it would look dull with this paint
and please lets not start one of those na/turbo things, we all know that n/a's are better:D :p

·
923 Posts
i only asked about clearcoat because the paint doesn't look all that "deep" .... it's probably just cause it's in the dark shop with not much lighting..... it does look awesome man... those dark wheels would look pretty clean on that too :)

·
wha huh?
952 Posts
acroth...geting paint to look deep doest require alot of clearcoat, to get the deep effect, you need a lot of coats of the second stage which is just a tinted binder over the silver/gold basecoat. that will give you the extra depth you see in most custom paint jobs...too much clear will cause solvent pop/fisheyes to pop out...

·
923 Posts
candy is usually very expensive... especially if it's house of kolor...

supra_n20, good point... i haven't really done any work with candy paints before... but i know i'll be swimming in my new paintjob :) 5 coats of base, 5 coats of pearl, 5 coats of clear.... (btw, my car has NO low/high spots after being blocked 5 times) :D

cassio, can we get some more pics with more light? (preferably non-artificial light :) )

G

·
Nice!

sweet sweet sweet! lol nothing better than seeing a toyota next to a honda :-D lol nice work dude keep up the good work

·
Supraholic/Boostaholic
1,513 Posts
DAMN! looks awesome, if you do'nt mine me asking how much did it cost and time taken. Did they remove everything or did you do it? Windows taken out? engine bay? door jams? Sorry for all the questions, just trying to see how much a paintjob for me would cost.

Chris

1 - 20 of 27 Posts