Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I'm back!
6,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We weren't able to get over 25psi with the wastegate spring all the way in, and the boost controller wide open. I need to know possible causes for this problem.

1) Jarrett says that the spring on the wastegate can easily make 30+ psi of boost.

2) The car made 18psi on the wastegate spring with it backed all the way out before the boost controller was connected properly.

3) Now the car makes minumun about 14psi and max 25.5psi.

Haven't tried it with the BC off again yet, but Jarrett says it should be 18psi like that.

Suggestions welcome.

·
Shawn Davis
1,662 Posts
How is it possible for you to run less (14 psi) with the boost controller hooked up than the wastegate spring (18 psi) alone? It sounds like the the controller is not hooked up correctly.

·
Premium Member
1,078 Posts
what type of EBc?

·
I'm back!
6,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think problem solved. I think the boost controller just didn't memorize the settings on the dyno, because tonight on the street I hit 29psi like nothing.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Ubermensch said:
How is it possible for you to run less (14 psi) with the boost controller hooked up than the wastegate spring (18 psi) alone? It sounds like the the controller is not hooked up correctly.
Its hooked up correctly. I never used this type of controller before. Theres a certain way to set the boost. :rolleyes: Go figure nothing is simple anymore.:D

·
Hardtopper Once Again!
1,709 Posts
What kind of Boost Controller do you have? I know the Profec B Spec 1 will not pass around 25psi.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts