Supra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wtf? I have 64mm Comp turbo with 70a/r divided housing. Cant get more that 15-15.5psi , my aem ems boost controller is at 90% closed and still doesnt change boost. No matter what i do it stays at 15psi.
What could it be? boost leak? a/r is too small?

· Im A Fuking Ninja!!!
6,330 Posts
what wastegate? how is your EBC lines routed? im betting its 15psi is your wastegate spring and your EBC is not routed correctly and thats why you can boost past your spring pressure.

· Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
50mm WG, 8psi spring, without ebc it wont past 8psi. I use aem ems with aem ebc and it is at 90% closed duty, event if i go to 95% almost close boost wont go higher. It maybe spike to 16 and drop back to 15.5

· Boost4fun
1,931 Posts
Your WG spring is most likely too weak. 8PSI spring is much too soft for what you want to reach!
Rule of the thumb: The springrate should be at about half of the desired boost level. Otherwise you can´t go higher as you experience now.
Put a 12psi or so spring in and you are all good.
Hope that helps.

· Im A Fuking Ninja!!!
6,330 Posts
like i and other have said its most likely how you routed the vac lines. if not then i would start to suspect your WG is either not seated correctly or leaking.

· Registered
285 Posts
Your WG spring is most likely too weak. 8PSI spring is much too soft for what you want to reach!
Rule of the thumb: The springrate should be at about half of the desired boost level. Otherwise you can´t go higher as you experience now.
Put a 12psi or so spring in and you are all good.
Hope that helps.
+1

· Registered
13,982 Posts
50mm WG, 8psi spring, without ebc it wont past 8psi...
as already stated above, if you only get ~8 psi on the wastegate spring/no ebc, then you can't expect more than about twice that with the ebc. Get a heavier spring if you want to boost higher.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.