Supra Forums banner

Can't charge battery

751 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  KVSupra87 
#1 ·
I've had my car sitting for 4 months with the battery terminals connected. I've tried jumping the car for 30 mins with no luck. Is it possible the battery is completely dead/useless now? It tries to crank while connected to the other battery, but nothing at all without it. Battery is about 5 months old.

Cheers!

#2 ·
exchange it if you have the warranty. or do a deep cycle recharge and see if that works.

G
#5 ·
slow charge the battery over night (like a few guys have said above). i had the same problem. i store my supra in the winter (3-4 months) i learned now to dissconnect the negative terminal when u let it sit. saves the battery.

#6 ·
KVSupra87 said:
slow charge the battery over night (like a few guys have said above). i had the same problem. i store my supra in the winter (3-4 months) i learned now to dissconnect the negative terminal when u let it sit. saves the battery.
Heh. I trickle charge mine every two weeks. I'd disconnect the terminal, but I want my alarm. Now that my garage has been rebuilt, I'll get a battery tender for next winter and just leave the car plugged in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.