Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, First off im the highest HP figure I want to ever hit is 650rwhp. So I'm debating on whether to go with the cast manifold of SS Tubular Manifold. I have heard the cast can spool the turbo up to 600RPM's faster, and this is very tempting because I really dont want any lag. I'm thinking of going with an SP57 or SP60 ( I know these cant produce 650rwhp.) So what do you guys think? If I'm looking to spool fast which do you think? And I'm not concerned with looks, more on performance. Thanks fellas!

Ben

·
Registered
286 Posts
IMO...go with the cast manifold. Especially if your looking to go with the sp57 or sp60. I believe Lance at Toyomota posted that one of there IS300's did ~65x rwhp(not sure of the turbo) with their cast manifold, at moderate boost levels. Other wise....I'll sell you my Greddy SS header for $1400 and go buy me a cast manifold for $650;)
Good luck
SH

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
From a 3000rpm punch, my T66 .70 P-trim (cast manifold) gets pulled one car (as in my front at his back) during spool up with a TTC BPU car. But then I have no front O2 sensor and a pre-turbo exhaust leak I haven't gotten around to fixing.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Grant said:
From a 3000rpm punch, my T66 .70 P-trim (cast manifold) gets pulled one car (as in my front at his back) during spool up with a TTC BPU car. But then I have no front O2 sensor and a pre-turbo exhaust leak I haven't gotten around to fixing.
Grant,
At that rpm, and that turbo, I would suspect you are still going to get some lag associated with it. Any negative effects of running with out your front o2 hooked up, you have the 2nd hooked up right? Is it necessary to have the rear o2 hooked up after going single....I've heard guys just leaving that one hanging there. I did for a while and experienced no bad effects, besides I have heard the second o2 is mainly for emissions...any info?
SH

1 - 5 of 5 Posts