Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Original Owner
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know most of you veilside andrew v purist will say leave them, but i am tinkering with the idea of painting my wheels black, and leaving the lip polished, i think it will flow better with the current cf goodies on the car

yay or nay

http://supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=268773

·
Supra TT Senior
1,887 Posts
I honestly dont think it makes a big enough difference (at least in the pics) for you to change the way the rims came from Veilside. I say leave it.

·
Premium Member
4,460 Posts
Leave em like they are. If you do go black make sure to go with more of a Volk style black, a really metalic dark gunmetal color.

·
Registered
885 Posts
glossy black. i'd paint em. but either way it would still be fine.

actually i'd only definately paint it black if it had a stepped lip and hardware accross the rim. id paint the whole center piece black and have the hardware gold or crhomed.

but do it!

·
Original Owner
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
chnco said:
You should know what I think Curtis.

Paint it to match your Burberry scarf, fag!
i see you like ur rims the same way you like your men.... BLACK;)

A

·
0 Posts
It's all personal preference. I happen to like them best now, but black would certainly look nice too..

·
95 Hardtopper X 2
1,709 Posts
Definately go black, question who makes that little spoiler seen under the RMM. I think it would be nice if I go wingless.

·
Bad Texan Boy
4,266 Posts
You know my answer :D

·
Wobbiest: Three Laws Safe
6,137 Posts
yay will look great with the painted hood vents.

·
i need horsepower
1,365 Posts
either way the cars gonna look good man. I say go for a fully black look cause I think your car is one of the few that can pull it off.

also (since your pm box is full):

You were selling me abt certain alignment specs that would make the tires wear evenly. I forgot the name and I cant seem to find it on mkiv.com . Help an asian brotha out with a link yo. thx -fredd

·
Original Owner
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
old man celica said:
either way the cars gonna look good man. I say go for a fully black look cause I think your car is one of the few that can pull it off.

also (since your pm box is full):

You were selling me abt certain alignment specs that would make the tires wear evenly. I forgot the name and I cant seem to find it on mkiv.com . Help an asian brotha out with a link yo. thx -fredd
lance spec alignment =)

did your wheels come in?

·
ELITECUSTOMBODY
6,552 Posts
paint them gunmetal gray , late 90's Huynday(sp) had a color very close to carbon fiber ,if you need the code, let me know

1 - 20 of 35 Posts