Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
7m > 2jz > 1jz
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am looking for a specific cutout.
ive come across this cutout twice and always forgot to right down the website and now i cant find it.
this cut out is fetured on a vw gti silver hatch and is built this way, its a full 3" cut out that uses a internal wastegate acctuator to open the flapper door all you do is split a boost vacum line (i believe).
i have a friend that gonna sleeper his turbo civic and i told him about this cutout and now i cant find it.
does anyone know about what im talking about????
if not then dont post if so please help me, thanks.
-sean

·
7m > 2jz > 1jz
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh thank you thank you!!!!!
man you seem to know everything i need to know sd.
thanks
-sean

·
Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
1,596 Posts
Wow, never seen that concept before. Anyone running that on a 7M? Looks like ground clearance would be an issue. How loud is it at full boost?

·
Registered
627 Posts
The electric one is 130 shipped... that one is more then double.... but i'd rather have the turbo activated one, no wires to run, no switch or LED to mount in the car, and it opens automatically when high flow is needed... perfect..... I wish I had known about this before I got my electric one.

I'm also buying a dual tip JIC muffler and a resonator to keep it quiet for cruising.

·
Registered
347 Posts
:stickpoke :scratch:

idk man, I would go for the McCord...The boost avtivated seems like a cool idea, but the electric seems much better because you could open it up and actually build boost faster rather than having to wait to build boost so you can open your cutout to make a little more boost that you could have already made using the already open cutout....Wow long sentence, but you hopefully you get what im saying.

Electric > Boost opperated

·
Registered
627 Posts
Ya I get what you're saying.... but unless you're using a 1/2" catback exhaust pipe will it really make a difference?

It will open from very minimal (say 1psi) of boost. I hardly doubt there will be a loss in spool time or power going from a 3" exhaust @1psi to 3" cutout @1+psi, vs. a 3" cutout @ all boost levels if you know what I mean.

Basically it would spool slightly slower up to 1psi or whatever, and then just as fast after that. I think the difference would be very negligable. I'm going to find out what psi it opens up at before I buy it. If it's under 2psi I'll pick it up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts