Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
It's only the beginning..
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is it? is it the one that goes into the transmission, because my car is telling me from diagnostic, that both the rear speed sensor is bad (ABS) and that my Transmission Speed Sensor is bad (A/T). Are they one in the same? or is there a different one. I do know where the Transmission Speed Sensor is from the TSRM.

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,351 Posts
Rear speed sensor and ABS sensor are the same, it's the one on the tranny.

·
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, if I got a code 61 from my tranny and a code 33 from my ABS, they're both signaling the sensor that goes into the tranny? Are you sure? When I take the sensor out, what should the female of the connector test at? (Ohms) And what should the male side look like, how many prongs should it have?

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,351 Posts
4 prongs IIRC. 3-prongs for 5-speed cars.

·
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
...What? I've pulled three speed sensors from dead supras and they all had ONE prong... For the Automatic Transmission the connector for the black piece that goes directly into the side of the transmission. Thats the connector I'm talking about... you sure? What about the female of the connector? What should it test at... Should the voltage be constant?

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,351 Posts
3-pins for 5-speed, 4-pins for automatic. I have no idea what you're talking about.

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,351 Posts
Unless there's yet ANOTHER speed sensor for Auto tranny's which is only 1 wire... which is possible I guess.

·
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Okay, I got a code 33 from my ABS when I tested it and a code 61 when I tested my Automatic Transmission. I've checked the sensor that goes directly into the side of the Transmission before and that appears to be the right one above. The connector for the speed sensor, how many prongs the male side have. In this picture, I can see that the female has three holes, but all the speed sensors, that I've pulled have had one prong on their male side, that connects into a 3-hole female. Is this right?

Also: would these readings cause my speedometer to read proportionally high?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts