Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im replacing my valve stem seals this winter and since everything was out I wanted to upgrade the cams aswell.

My set-up is: HKS TO4R (67mm) kit, 900cc injectors, AEM v2, HKS ti racing 4".
Now my goals are 650-700hp (with meth injection).

After reading their reviews I really want to get a pair of GSC S1. I know their on back order and their is no rush cause I want to do it right. Now Im being told by a tune shop that the Titan cams were made with better technology, better materials, and easier to tune. I searched all through the forum and I cant find any reviews on the Titan cams.
The questions that I hope to answer are: 1) What advantages do Titan cams have over GSC S1? 2) When you do your spring upgrade with the GSC S1, which ones do you guys prefer to go with? 3) Does Toyota offer a valve shim kit? (the dealer has no clue) 4) Does the Titan and the GSC S1 cams make it an interference motor?
I greatly appreciate your feedback and thanks in advance.

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
I have the GSC S1 cams, but I can only fill in some of your blanks with my opinions/experience:

1) I don't know of a good comparison between the Titan and GSC S1 cams.
2) I went with an all Ferrea valvetrain so I also went with the Ferrea dual valve spring setup. I have a high level of confidence in these parts so the relatively small price difference between these and less expensive springs is meaningless to me.
3) Yes, Toyota has a whole range of shim sizes. It was actually mentioned in a thread here recently where Curt from Elmhurst Toyota posted the part numbers and sizes. That thread was the stock buckets, but there's another thread here for the sizes of the shimless buckets if you prefer those.
4) I know the GSC S1's make it interference. I "think" the Titans would also since they have higher lift. I forget the amount of lift that causes interference on an otherwise stock block/head but I believer both are over that threshhold.

I love my GSC S1 cams and I believe they played a significant role in the power output, responsiveness and powerband I got. Titan also makes very good stuff though, I just don't have experience with it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts