Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
WhorE
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok first off, to me it kinda seems vacuum related but for some reason I dont think it is. The car is an 87 n/a swapped with a gte, ever since I swapped it Ive been having the same embarrasing problem every morning or on a cold start. keep in mind I have no egr. (might be the problem) I fire the car up in the morning, I notice my vacuum gauge is reading about 14-16 vac, car cant hold above 400 rpm. I have to hold the gas to about 800 rpm and 1100 for about 5 minutes or else the car just falls over and dies. I let go of the gas and the idle is rough kinda stumbles up and down for a bit then dies. After I drive around the block a few times to get the car warmed up the car idles perfect, no fluctuations or anything. what could be causing this problem??

hmm just searching, maybe the cold start injector is no good.

Wayne

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
i think its the ISC cuz i beleive it lets more air in when the car is cold so it idles higher???

·
7M POWER
146 Posts
i agree when i bought my 87 turbo the isc was stuck open and the car would act exactly like yours. after the 5 min of driving or giving it gas the ecu compensates for the air bypassing the turbo. check the isc valve like this http://www.cygnusx1.net/supra/library/TSRM/fi/FI_107.html
hope this will help u out

·
WhorE
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys didnt even think about the isc, I remember I tore the manifold apart before I got my motor rebuilt so my buddy could sandblast to clean it up a bit. I probably didnt put the isc together properly. Will check it out this weekend.

Wayne

·
slowly giving up...
1,069 Posts
check the codes. make sure the ISC is clicking when you turn the car off. check for vacuum leaks, check your plugs, wires, etc...

-shaeff

·
WhorE
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
update:

I have 2 codes, 51 <---------have no idea on how to fix. and 42<--------lol probably because my speedo cable broke. So could 51 be the reason why my car is acting funny??

Wayne

·
Sir Digby Chicken Ceasar
519 Posts
51 usually ends up being the tps adjustment

·
WhorE
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok I opened up my isc today and guess what?? lol I installed the check valve backwards! So I turned it around and voila starts up and idles without stalling! Now I gotta adjust the tps and idle screw, I tried turning the tps all the way down but Im getting misfiring like crazy and the car runs rough. Im guessing I have to adjust the idle screw.

Wayne

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
chewmasey said:
Ok I opened up my isc today and guess what?? lol I installed the check valve backwards! So I turned it around and voila starts up and idles without stalling! Now I gotta adjust the tps and idle screw, I tried turning the tps all the way down but Im getting misfiring like crazy and the car runs rough. Im guessing I have to adjust the idle screw.

Wayne
You have to adjust the tps voltage to get it right. See tsrm for the procedure, fairly easy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts