Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have motor and tranny out of the car and the tranny will not seperate from the motor. We have tried everything and i was thinking Possibly Doc jonz could throw me some imput or somebody who has done this before. There isnt a hub or anything like a R154.
Thanks
Ps i posted this here because im needing a fast response as the car is in my driveway..
THANKS
Dean

·
...make that none again
1,932 Posts
I know this is silly asking Dean aka Big Mac Daddy Suprapimp:)D), but did you forget to remove the clutch fork, or maybe you missed a bolt?

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
Damn, if all the bellhousing bolts are off and the trans still won't come off, it sounds like the clutch disc must have fused with the input shaft at the splines. Pull like hell.

·
The Great Kruso
3,876 Posts
Dean, there's nothing holding the w58 tranny to the engine besides the bellhousing bolts. The whole clutch assembly comes out attatched to the flywheel. If you guys cant get it off give me a buzz i've gotta NA that i've done this before at a friends house.

Kruso

·
Registered
948 Posts
ive done this 3 times on my 76 celica. pull like hell, if you can stick a long ass prybar inbetwwn the tranny and engine and pull like a mother fucker. i actually pulled mine off with my camry and a rope once... i would not reccoment that!

·
Registered
121 Posts
I just pulled mine like 2 weeks ago....it feels pretty firm but if you push down and pull out at the same time it works really well ( Believe I read this is the TSRM). Double check for bolts as well, there was one that I missed at first that was greased over with road grime.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
76celicagt said:
ive done this 3 times on my 76 celica. pull like hell, if you can stick a long ass prybar inbetwwn the tranny and engine and pull like a mother fucker. i actually pulled mine off with my camry and a rope once... i would not reccoment that!
/\ LOL...o man...

i got my w58 off with no problems...i stuck a screw driver between the block and tranny case and it came off easy

·
Banned
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys. When i mean this fucker is on there it is on there. I used both handles from my 50 ton..:) floor jack..lol and it still wont budge. Im gonna go at it again tonight but this thing is just pissed off. BTW the clutch/tranny was mint when it was dropped off so i dont see the disk being melted to the PP.
If anybody cares to call me and help that would be straight.
home #
860-628-3679
Thanks
Dean

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
Chain the engine to a steady source and chain the hook on the back of the trans to a car, and have some cushions ready underneath ;)

·
Registered
449 Posts
i had that problem wiht my tranny..haha..i jus missed a bolt above the second starter. the one way up there..but i was under the fuggin car. and i ain't no small guy...haha....

if i was you.....i'd powerclean it up into the air and grunt like those guys on the special olympics and let the fucker drop on the floor...haha........don't you hate it when shit like that goes wrong.

happens to me all the time...with watever i do with my supra..nice to know that i ain't the only one.....sorry bud for your misfortune..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts