Supra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i tryed to do a boost leak check as described in one of the recent posts i came across. I fitted a 2" pvc cap with a tire valve into the turbo outletand tryed to presurize it to about 20psi to see if it would hold. Supposedly it should for 10-20 minutes no problem right!! wrong... my car wouldnt hold the pressure for more then a minute. I assume my stock piping is crap and must be leaking. ANyone else have this problem and what do i need to do to fix it? Should I order hardpiping or just buy the stock and reinstall it all? I recently dynoed with the mods listed in my sig and came up with a 376 rwhp and 395 ft/lb torque which seems low for BPU supra. Also there is a little little coating of oil inside the piping and coming out of my BOV...is this normal? Its only a very small amount.

Mike

·
Registered
658 Posts
a small amount of oil is normal replace your pcv valve if you want or rig up a catch can for it. That is where the oil is coming from. You don't need to get hard pipes jsut drop the plastic pan under the engine to get to the plastic ic piping replace the worm gear pipe clamps withe T clams from Napa. ditto the clamps on the visible portion of the IC tubing on the throttle and going into the ic near the air filter. one of these is leaking with your higher boost and is causing your boost leak.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts