Supra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Track Junkie
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very frustrating situation I am in right now. When I had my stock turbos, the highest dyno I had is around 370 with 400lb/ft torque. I had a custom kit built with modified stock manifold, AEM, Tial 40mm WG, BL built tranny, PI 3800 TC, and PT61 P trim, and only put down 385rwhp on 94 octane pump gas. We were aiming for 500rwhp and we thought it's the turbo that couldn't produce enough hp. So, we changed the turbo to PT67p and did some fuel system mod. Sadly, it give us the same horsepower around 385rwhp. What could possible be wrong? They are saying it's because the torque converter that's bad, but it has been sent back to PI and assume they inspected it. I am going to bring my stock TC to them tomorrow to see if it's the TC issue. Anyone has any suggestions?

Chinchi

·
Registered
849 Posts
did you lockup your transmision during the dyno? you will loose alot of power with a high stall and not locking it up

·
Track Junkie
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no, it's not locked. I don't believe i'll be losing ~100rwhp even if iti's not locked up.

·
Track Junkie
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I undnerstand that there will be some lose if the TC is not locked up, but the main problem is that changing from the 61 to 67mm turbo, I still get the same powerband and only 10rwhp gain from stock? I think there must be something wrong other than just lockup.

·
Registered
849 Posts
I agree but its a place to start. you might have a wastegate leak. or intake leak. Also check your wastegate gasket and the manifold gasket for leaks.

·
Premium Member
3,466 Posts
Chinchi-

I told Dan to make your car slow and not make any more power than mine, that is why :D ;) j/k

Do you have a single, twin, etc converter?

·
Track Junkie
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
LOL, it must be your curse!!! j/k :)
I have the Percision Industries single disc 3800 converter.
BTW, has any other Supra owners experience werid things with this TC or the 4000 one?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts