Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i cant remove the fork in the tranny to separate the trans from the engine. its free and everything but the damn thing just wont come out. is there something im not doing right? can i take it out anyother way like unbolting whatever holds it in place...? i tried tapping it out...pulling it. piece of crap just wont come out like what i've read and researched. i skipped that part and took out the 6 bolts to the pressure plat...it'll separate acouple inches from the engine but still the fork is in place. grrrrrrrrrrrrr :mad: :die:

·
Registered
18 Posts
are you 100% sure you are trying to get it off the right way? i remember messing with that also, then i tried another way and it came off real easy.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Wiggle it forwards and backwards and yank on it at the same time. I don't recall the exact method for getting it out but there is a certain way.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
It just pulls out. Once the inspection cover is off, just pull it straight towards you. It's only held in place by the pressure of a flat spring.

·
Registered
143 Posts
there is like a pin the runs thru it (the fork)and on the bottom of that pin there is a c-clip remove that and take a screwdriver and pry that pin out and the fork will remove and tranny will come off

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
That's true- but the pin is only held in the tranny by friction of the flat spring I mentioned. You can remove that pin, yes, but it's easier to just pull the fork out.

·
Registered
143 Posts
that pin is the only way to remove the fork or you can take the bolts out that it pivots on but much easyer to pull pin

·
Señor Member
4,741 Posts
Errr, if you've already taken the 6 bolts out from the pressure plate then the engine will just separate from the transmission, leaving your flywheel on the motor and the clutch disc and pressure plate on the transmission. Just keep wiggling and it will come out. Try using pry bars to help out.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
interex are you sure that you dont need to remove the fork inorder for it to separate? like 100%. everything i've read and everone i've talk with said its a MUST. so i dont want to go prying with all my strength to find that its not possible. thanks a lot people. the info and help is much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
PLEASE!

This fact has been debated enough. Just do as I say, and PULL the damned fork out. If it won't move by hand, that must mean that there is pressure on it, either from the pressure plate or the disc. Get the pressure off, and pull it out!

·
Señor Member
4,741 Posts
I've lost count on how many times that I've pulled these motors out. I've never taken the fork out unless I've needed to replace the pressure plate.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts