Supra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't see any holding it back. It seems to be just stuck in there. Any ideas on how to remove this?

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
It is likely pretty stuck on there. Even if you have the release fork out it is not going to be easy to get it off there due to the dowel pins. Is the tranny on the car or is the entire engine and transmission out of the car?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's off the car. The thing is the clutch fork is holding the pp from coming out. I can't get to the 2 screws to unbolt the clutch fork. What should I do? I was told you just push the pp back towards to tail but it won't move due to the fork in the way.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
how do you get the fork out . i can't get the fork out. just 2 bolts? i can't get the tools to remove it. i can get the tool on the head but i have no room to unbolt it.

·
Not your average auto mk3
1,046 Posts
mrsc3 said:
It's off the car. The thing is the clutch fork is holding the pp from coming out. I can't get to the 2 screws to unbolt the clutch fork. What should I do? I was told you just push the pp back towards to tail but it won't move due to the fork in the way.
You dont need to unbolt the fork....take some pliers and pull on it.

·
Not your average auto mk3
1,046 Posts
Pull harder. The fork just snaps in. If youve already unbolted the tranny, bolt it back up, pull the fork out, and then unbolt again.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is this the only way? The reason is because the shop has my car now and they don't want to work on the car if I can't get that pp off the trans.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
yeah, it eventually comes out. you gotta play with it for ever to get it out. I attempted to do the unbolting thing too...there is no way in hell you could unbolt that. Eventually, something went right and the fork came out.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
so what your saying is to yank the fork? On the online manual it says remove the clutch fork. I can't seem to do either right now but yanking the fork hard enough will push it back?

·
Flying Dutchman Pilot!
2,172 Posts
It is simple, grab it with a set of channel locks holding the locks in a vertical fashion. Shimmy it up and down(not side to side) while pulling it towards the inspection hole exit. Pops right out. Grease the shaft and cup when reinstalling.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts