Supra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Glad to be back
2,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at a car show on Sunday and as we were leaving, and began to accelerate. When I reached 4000rpms, car acted like it hit a rev limiter. I immediately put the car it in neutral. Car idled fine, wasn't dumping any smoke, everything seemed fine. Out of curiosity I gave it a rev while in neutral, and same result. Acted like there was still a rev limiter.

I drove the car home, and put it in the garage. I figured maybe something was just hot and freaking out (it was 100 degrees outside).

I came back out to the car after a couple days, let the car warm up and gave it a rev... Acted like there was a rev limit at about 45-4600rpms. I've been single for about 1,00 miles or so, and I've had a haltech on it for about 3,000 miles. Tuner said the haltech isn't limiting it, it's something mechanical.

I've been researching and I've read similar post with either no explanation or the timing belt had jumped a tooth.

I'm just looking for other who have experienced this before and what fixed it for them.

Thanks...

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Can you take a video of when its happening? What do the guages read? What are the logs showing?

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
For what it's worth mine had a limiter at 3500, I tried everything, it finally went away when I replaced my engine harness with a new oem one. I doubt that is the case with yours, since I depinned a ton of stuff causing mine to mess up. But just wanted to throw it out there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts