Supra Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys sorry if its a repost but cant find what im looking for...

Whats the most someone has put down on the stock twins??? i currently have a front mount, hp freaks clutch, 3.75" exhaust, intake and i just got my AEM EMS and will be getting my HKS 272s

what should i expect???

a mod can delete this if they wants once someone points me in the right direction...

Geno~

·
REVTECHRACING.COM
2,675 Posts
i put down 465rwhp at 18.5 psi bpu++ i never put in cams or aem or n20 just the basic bpu tricks.

·
Registered
13,569 Posts
Are you limiting this to 18 psi or so and pump gas?

If you tank up on 105 octane or better octane and have a nice tight wastegate (or the wg spring mod) you can hit close to 25psi (or at least quite a bit more than 18psi, I think mine peaked at 25.3psi when I did it) and peak power will of course be higher than 18psi.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Are you limiting this to 18 psi or so and pump gas?

If you tank up on 105 octane or better octane and have a nice tight wastegate (or the wg spring mod) you can hit close to 25psi (or at least quite a bit more than 18psi, I think mine peaked at 25.3psi when I did it) and peak power will of course be higher than 18psi.
i was going for 18-19 psi on 93 pump

·
The need for speed
1,653 Posts
There was someone at TX2K7 on stock twins trapping (IIRC) 124-125 mph pretty consistently. That has to be in the 500rwhp+ range. They had 272 cams, upgraded fuel, ECU management and I'm sure several tweaks to the TT setup.

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
^^ That's odd, i though stu was the first to break 500whp on stock twins?
He might have been the first to report and document it (per his webpage & SF). ;)

Regardless of who did it first, its quite an accomplishment, and speaks volumes for supra performance levels on stock twins versus all mid 90's Japanese supercars. :)

·
2jz powered
1,632 Posts
He might have been the first to report and document it (per his webpage & SF). ;)

Regardless of who did it first, its quite an accomplishment, and speaks volumes for supra performance levels on stock twins versus all mid 90's Japanese supercars. :)
I've just never seen anyone put down 500+whp on stock twins other than stu so i was more shocked than anything that it was done 3 years ago!

·
Old School
4,014 Posts
ive seen low 500 hp to the wheels on Jeff Bunims Baltic blue 93 with every bpu part possible, cams, vpc,etc. This was in Tucson three years ago when I used to own a Dynojet
Tucson is at 2400~2700 feet above sea level, and can be very hot. What was the correction factor?

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
when people say corrected and uncorrected whats the difference?
ok, so im going to try to shoot for 470 maybe a lil north of that if i can. the plan was to go single this year but a few people said that since i only got the car 6 months ago that i should enjoy and run the hell out of the stock twins... so i have a pretty good BPU setup so ill run with it this year but next year im going SINGLE lol

thanks for the info guys!

Geno~

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
when people say corrected and uncorrected whats the difference?
ok, so im going to try to shoot for 470 maybe a lil north of that if i can. the plan was to go single this year but a few people said that since i only got the car 6 months ago that i should enjoy and run the hell out of the stock twins... so i have a pretty good BPU setup so ill run with it this year but next year im going SINGLE lol

thanks for the info guys!

Geno~
I'm interested to see how much you can put down.. Right now mines weak, I need to get on the dyno and tune it.. its only going 113 mph at 16-18 psi.. but 110 on 13 psi, lol.. not bad for 3900 lbs, but deff not 400+.. I hope to get ~ 430 on 18 psi with my car.. I have fmic, aem, 3" exhaust, ttc w/ valves removed..

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm interested to see how much you can put down.. Right now mines weak, I need to get on the dyno and tune it.. its only going 113 mph at 16-18 psi.. but 110 on 13 psi, lol.. not bad for 3900 lbs, but deff not 400+.. I hope to get ~ 430 on 18 psi with my car.. I have fmic, aem, 3" exhaust, ttc w/ valves removed..
We'll See, BIG front mount, hp freaks clutch, 3.75" exhaust, intake, AEM EMS, 272's and 3" down pipe... ill let you know what i throw down

O and if anyone can answer the corrected and uncoreccted hp #s thanks!

Geno~

·
Registered
6,785 Posts
anyone thin 450rwhp plus could happen with the listed stuff above??
With all the boltons, you could see 450 plus. It has more to do with the dyno you choose than it does the parts you choose. One dp might make 2hp more than another, but a dyno may read 50+whp more than another.

·
Registered
13,569 Posts
We'll See, BIG front mount, hp freaks clutch, 3.75" exhaust, intake, AEM EMS, 272's and 3" down pipe... ill let you know what i throw down

O and if anyone can answer the corrected and uncoreccted hp #s thanks!

Geno~
corrected vs uncorrected: uncorrected is simply the actual number that the dyno spits out. It could already be corrected via software but not always. If it is corrected, that means that the number was adjusted for the local altitude and temperature. Otherwise, if I recall correctly "standard" conditions are sea level at 60F or something like that.

PS: my simple BPU dyno was 435rwhp/455rwtq with stock sidemount, stock intake, dp, catback, ebc.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.