Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Top Secret
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have this caprice shell that needs pretty much everything. Engine,trans,harness,ecu,interior etc.
I am taking it to a stock/classic look but with some bite. No big 30 inch rims for me.
Most likely will get the ones on there now cleaned and polished.

Well when I got the car my original plans were to drop a 2jz-ge in and NA-T it, since I have a na-t supra right now. Then I sat and thought about it and figured I should just go with an aristo 2jzgte swap. I would buy the whole swap harness,ecu,motor minus the trans. I have an adapter plate to go between the engine and trans to mount a th350 or 400. It was for my supra but I changed my mind about puttin a th400 in it.

My only concerns are, how much modification to the engine mounts is needed to bolt a 2jz in place of a 350, and what all needs to be done as far as electrical goes. The engine bay has tons of room so radiator to firewall room is not a concern. Since most old chevys are similar I wanted to hear from those who have attempted or completed something like this, a 350 to 2jz swap.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
What year is it...like a 71 or 72? I got an 89 lol. 4 door HT gotta be on the rare side.

PS this thread will prolly get moved to the other cars section.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Dont do the swap. Buy/fab a dual turbo setup.

·
Top Secret
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah its a 72. Not trying to make it a drag car or anything. Just a fun project that will be a head turner. Caprices don't really hold a name in the "classic" car game so I am trying to do something diff, but I dont wanna end up neck deep with more than I can handle. If I dont do the 2jz swap it will probably end up with a 350 or 400 very mildy modded.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
yeah its a 72. Not trying to make it a drag car or anything. Just a fun project that will be a head turner. Caprices don't really hold a name in the "classic" car game so I am trying to do something diff, but I dont wanna end up neck deep with more than I can handle. If I dont do the 2jz swap it will probably end up with a 350 or 400 very mildy modded.
I'd go the 454 route...assuming it's not a DD. Those big V8s get horrendous gas mileage. 2JZ is none the less a cool swap as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts