Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· I Solve Problems
7,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never actually gone to these weekly shows but have heard great things about the kind of cars and people that attend.

Here are the details:
-Captree State Park, which moves to the old OBI parking lot just west on Ocean Parkway, around this time of year. All year, when the roads are dry and salt-free, hundreds (500+ on really nice days) of the incurably car-crazy show up. But,get there before 7:30 AM (before 7:00 to be safe) or you might not get in.

If weather holds up I would like to take a ride there. Anyone interested in attending? Have to get there real early but it should be worth it. No rice at this meet, its exotics and classics. Not sure where the Supra fits in but we'll see what happens. If we could get a few supras to roll and meet up ahead of time to roll in together that would be cool. It would probably be a great place to have some pictures taken too.

Anyone interested?
Jeff

· Registered
3,366 Posts

· Photographer
291 Posts
I'm excited! My buddy said he saw an Enzo there last year among other crazy cars. I would love to see a Veyron in person.
wishful thinking... he rarely brought his enzo. and i dont think there is a veyron on LI. i went there alot over the past few years. after 9am it dies out and becomes mostly muscle cars like vettes, camaros and mustangs... and when the dickheads n their exotics are there. its just an ego fest... i spoke to this one dude with a f430 spyder and offered him a free FREE photoshoot.. he fuckin laughed at me and said "it gets enough pictures of it taken here"

90% of the guys who go there are old stubborn arrogant jerkoffs. but there are nice cars to look at. but unless you have a old muscle car, or exotic, you wont get a 2nd glance in your directions... even with a supra unless its a younger guy. ive seen a few supras there on numerous occasions parked with no one standing any where near them

· I Solve Problems
7,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Where there is $$$ there will always be D-bags. Its ok I have another toy I can bring out to shut the yuppies up.
Weather permitting I will go check it out. Any interest in going Anthony?

· Registered
930 Posts
I love going to captree.

I usually go there with the ER (Exotics Rally) crew, its beyond insane. I usually cruise all of Ocean Pkwy with Lambos, Ferraris, GTRs, Porsches, Koeniggsegs...anything you can imagine...usually 50+ cars. Then we head over to Captree.

Heres a few pics from past runs:

So yea, I should be there...

· Registered
2,553 Posts
i want to go, i want to get the car tuned on race so i can go beatup on some of these guys lol... I should get Tim to come down and beat up on some of the rich guys and there egos with me lol.

are you deff going Jeff??

· Registered
930 Posts
Hahaha, they're actually VERY cool people. I've done a few rallies, and track events with them. But not to burst your bubble but there's a few 1000+ hp porsches, and my boy dino's TT 1000whp gallardo lol. Not sure who's going tho, regardless its a good time, ill see you guys there.

Steve

· I Solve Problems
7,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Weather looks like it is going to be same as today. Nice during the day and chance of thunder showers in the evening. If that is the case I will be there, just not sure what I'll be driving.

· (Rare & Unique)
5,008 Posts
Whats this other whip you speak off Jeff ? Was there a secret garage hideway that was built which you hide this "exotic" ?

· Registered
26 Posts
Last sunday I was there with my 95 na hardtop with mods from about 830 to maybe 1030 and I WAS ALL BY MYSELF...........and i was so lonely......lol.........I EVEN GOT A "ISNT THIS A CELICA" quote from the crowd.there were some supra worshippers there but truly you guys need to come out...this show is loaded with impressive builds of all kinds and is always well attended

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.