Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nothing to say but a bad week. Wake up two days ago to rims in a 2008 infiniti S stolen with the car left on blocks. Now get rear ended and given a fake insurance. Is there anyway to catch this kid? Any advice? On the report we were give his name Georges E Joseph Jr 125 Riverlock Ml Fayetteville Ga with insurance in California. Are there any websites to trace him or anything? Got fucked with the rims do not want to get fucked again by a 19 year old with no insurance. Appreciate any help or advice

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We have a Police Accident Report filled out with information but the cop said he did not file it because no one was injured.

·
Alpha for president
1,113 Posts
We have a Police Accident Report filled out with information but the cop said he did not file it because no one was injured.
I'm confused...what the fuck did the cop do when he came to the accident???

I'm a local cop...When I go to an accident I run everyone's information...I do 1 of 2 things...if it's a pretty good accident I do what's called an MV104a...thats pretty much a report that gets turned in and goes to dmv...The other is a basic exchange form with both parties information ( that if the damage is a scratch or 2) I would complain to the PD...

If the cop ran the plate, the information that they get has the insurance code on it...

edit: just noticed that it was out of state plates, so what i said may not apply

·
Registered
143 Posts
i was on the same situation no too long ago on a costumers car, got rear ended and the girl didnt have inssurance, we didnt found out until the dealer tried to file a claim. my manager called the police and told them about it( so far i have not idea and they havent told me how it ended) and they try to get a hold of her too. i would think that if the officer came to the accident and did the swap on drivers information he also had check for the status on the license.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I'm confused...what the fuck did the cop do when he came to the accident???

I'm a local cop...When I go to an accident I run everyone's information...I do 1 of 2 things...if it's a pretty good accident I do what's called an MV104a...thats pretty much a report that gets turned in and goes to dmv...The other is a basic exchange form with both parties information ( that if the damage is a scratch or 2) I would complain to the PD...

If the cop ran the plate, the information that they get has the insurance code on it...

edit: just noticed that it was out of state plates, so what i said may not apply
I was thinking the same thing! My thought is wouldn't insurance in one state and license in another throw up a red flag? Again the severity of the accident leads to how much you look into this information IMO. Well sounds like you assed out dude, hopefully you have full coverage so you get your car fixed asap and let your insurance company do the leg work to track down the parties involved in the accident.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
All the information I have is as follows...

I appreciate your time. The information I have for him is...
Name: Georges E Joseph, Jr
Drivers License ID: 056892744 State: GA
Address: 125 Riverlock Ml Fayetteville GA 30215
DOB: 07-27-91 Sex: M
Address on Registration: 200 Greenfield Cir Fayetteville GA 30215-2628
Plate Number: BQI 6498 GA 1999 Mercedes Benz Clk 320

Insurance: Mercury Insurance Group
PO Box 6500 Artesia CA 90702
866-500-7335 Ext 75216
Once again any help is greatly appreciated.
This is a long shot it isn't about the damages at this point it is about the fact that this kid thinks he can drive around and look me in the face and act like there is no problem and try to stick me with the damages. Everything is being covered if needed by my insurance if they cannot find him. Its about pay back at this point and teaching him a lesson

·
Guidando su due rotelle
1,908 Posts
Um your insurance should cover it under uninsured motorist coverage and let them do the leg work to get justice from this fool.....

·
Senior
1,476 Posts
Um your insurance should cover it under uninsured motorist coverage and let them do the leg work to get justice from this fool.....
Yeah, I got rear ended pretty bad in '03. Asshole was aledgedly transporting a car from the auction to the dealers lot & "the brakes went out". I paid the deductable but at least I got my ar fixed. Cops on the scene didn't do a proper, accurate report (had position of the cars wrong as if I hit him!). Did you get the other vehicle VIN also? I hope the tags are legit.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I was thinking the same thing! My thought is wouldn't insurance in one state and license in another throw up a red flag? Again the severity of the accident leads to how much you look into this information IMO. Well sounds like you assed out dude, hopefully you have full coverage so you get your car fixed asap and let your insurance company do the leg work to track down the parties involved in the accident.
Just because the info is different doesnt mean it would throw up a red flag. I have a ny license, with a car regestired in kentucky and california insurance. I am Military though.

·
second chance at life
1,969 Posts
Well some insurance companies are nation wide and the main headquarters can be in a different state. I would contact the police first and then your insurance agent with the info you have on the other person. Let your insurance agent help you with this because I'm sure they would rather have the other insurance company pay for damages. Then contact Peter Humblias if there is no satisfaction.

·
On call 24/7
1,566 Posts
Wells..despite that..doesn't the insurance find out who is allegedly under the other insurance policy. So if somebody driving not under the policy..means..you can sue the person. Supposedly..the cops who came to the scene..suppose to run a checkup on both drivers. So if he isn't under the policy..u can sue him..for small claims court..but if the damage doesn't reach the minimum damage which is I think $500 or $1000 forgot the exact amount...u are at lost friend. :( That is why it's key for the officer to run checkups..if the insurance of the given information is active..and from that..you are suppose to call the insurance co. asap..and find out if the driver is active under the acct. You can go to the police and ask for the next step..etc. etc. But find out if the other insurance has his name under that policy #..if not...u have to go after the driver...for ur damages. You can either do it urself..or depending on ur policy..u can have ur insurance do the work. SO chances are..u can get him to small claims court..but its a BIG BIG headache.

The worse is when a car is insured..but the driver is not under the name. B/c that means u have to go after the person. And if he is 19..chances are he has no money..and ur going to be paying out of ur own pocket..or u can sue him..but his parents are going to come forth. I know people who are shady of doing this...but one time..he got into an accident that was over $5000..and 2 ppl sued him..and both parties got their money. He was in debt for awhile. Sucks if its small damages.

·
King of Snark
1,521 Posts
I had a guy rear end me. He didnt have a license due to a DUI. He was driving a rental car under his wifes name. The cop messed up and believed the guy that his wife was driving. I had my lawyer send him a nice letter and a few days later I was given a check to fix my car.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts